Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bigchris1
MMOC Member: No

The dreaded headlining on a 2 door '66

Post by bigchris1 »

Hi guys,

Please offer tips on anything and everything!

Start at back, start at rear? Just pay someone else!

Thanks
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: The dreaded headlining on a 2 door '66

Post by simmitc »

Search the forum, it's been covered in detail before. It is a straightforward job and if you've done other work on the car, then you should be OK with this job. Search box is in the top right of the page. Click on the cog for an advanced search.

Once you've read some of the other threads about headlining, please do post any specific questions and we'll do our best to help.
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by jagnut66 »

Just to underline one thing, though I believe this is also mentioned in the previous posts on this subject, choose your headlining carefully.

Not all new replacement headlinings fit very well and you can spend many frustrating hours trying to 'make a silk purse out of a sows ear'.....

So the first thing is if someone reading this can recommend to 'bigchris1' a decent supplier, that they know of / have had experience of, that will give him a good place to start from.

Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Are there different manufacturers of headlinings? I would doubt it frankly. As far as I know every supplier simply purchases these from Newton Commercial :wink:
kevin s
Minor Legend

Post by kevin s »

I fitted one from esm, there are a couple of small wrinkles at the c post (original wasn't perfect either) but generally I was pleased with how it fitted.