Post by panky »

Could it be the full version of this?
Here's one I was about to repair

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Interesting Repair Panel

Post by ManyMinors »

That is a LH side "sill member" AAA1445 I think? Probably one part of the Morris Minor which remained relatively unchanged during the years of production - except for the addition of a seatbelt captive mounting in around 1961.
I don't suppose a great many of those were ever changed in their entirety!
When I worked for a dealership there was not the aftermarket range of repair panels we are now blessed with and we frequently had to purchase large sections like that and cut out the piece that we needed to carry out a repair. Otherwise, everything had to be fabricated from scratch.
Very interesting to see something like that which has survived all this time. I can remember SO much stuff being dumped once it became obsolete :-?
You'll have to decide what to do with it now :)
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

A rare find indeed.
I removed the panel to repair the floor edge and, after cleaning off the surface rust inside, re-fitted it as it was in almost perfect condition. Can't say that for the inner wheel arch that was attached to it :roll:
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

ManyMinors wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:47 am That is a LH side "sill member" AAA1445 I think? Probably one part of the Morris Minor which remained relatively unchanged during the years of production - except for the addition of a seatbelt captive mounting in around 1961.
Yes except its the RH one maybe its an optical illusion.... Its for my 1960 4 door the first complete leg Ive seen :D

It does come with the seatbelt nut/plate too

Taupe
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Oh yes. Camera angles and tricks of the light :) A useful panel even if you end up just using sections of it. I've had to fit the seatbelt mountings into my car as it pre-dates them. Little enough occupant safety in an old Morris Minor at the best of times so I prefer to be restrained by a seatbelt. If it were my foremost concern I probably wouldn't be driving an old car in the first place though :wink: