Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
AndyPaps
MMOC Member: Yes

Where best to looks for my next Minor?

Post by AndyPaps »

Hello all

Having taken a brief 17 year break from Moggy ownership, I've decided it's about the to return to the fold.

I'd really appreciate some advice on where to look to find the right car. I'm regularly checking the obvious places like eBay, the Car & Classic, and Classic Car websites, Facebook groups, but are there any avenues I'm missing?

I've just rejoined the MMOC, so perhaps there will be some adverts in Minor Matters when it arrives (do people still advertise in there?) and plan to join the local MMOC group for the Tenterden area.

If anyone has any helpful tips or advice, please let me know!

Many thanks

Andy
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Re: Where best to looks for my next Minor?

Post by jagnut66 »

You could find the 'right car' absolutely anywhere, so enjoy the hunt, which can take you all over the place.
I like to take in the scenery while I'm at it, in case I never have cause to visit the area again.
What are you budgeting for the purchase?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
AndyPaps

Re: Where best to looks for my next Minor?

Post by AndyPaps »

Discovering new bits of the country is definitely part of the fun. Last time around I travelled many hours just to spend 10 minutes playing ‘spot the rot’! It was worth it though- I ended up with a very reasonably priced mint ‘54 running a 1275 A+ engine and minilites!!

Anyway, this time around the budget is around £3-8k ish depending upon the car (obviously)