oil intercooler kit

You can use this area to advertise parts.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

oil intercooler kit

Post by philthehill »

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Re: oil intercooler kit

Post by Blaketon »

I intend to fit an oil cooler to my Traveller but will plumb in by bypassing the oil feed pipe, that goes to the oil filter head. I also plumb in a themostat, as shown on the attached Midget. My question is where is the best place to mount the cooler (Yes I know near the front), as the radiator opening isn't huge and sometimes, fitting an oil cooler in front of the water radiator, can adversely affect the water cooling?
Attachments
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG (110.9 KiB) Viewed 178 times
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: oil intercooler kit

Post by philthehill »

You can fit the oil cooler vertically to the near side of the radiator if you cannot fit it to the offside because of the fresh air heater hose or below the radiator. You may have to cut some air holes in the panel to the side of the radiator for the passage of air
The oil intercooler shown in the link above helps to cool the engine oil when hot and get the engine oil up to working temp from start up.
I have fitted a oil intercooler to my Minor as I consider it better for my use than a oil cooler radiator even with the oil thermostat fitted.
The intercooler is not a MG item but a alloy Citroen item but is configured the same way.
WDF oil filter.JPG
WDF oil filter.JPG (860.72 KiB) Viewed 174 times