My first car - KWV 140F Blue 1098 c 1967

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
worldwiser
MMOC Member: No

My first car - KWV 140F Blue 1098 c 1967

Post by worldwiser »

Hi all,
Proper long shot this one. I owned this Minor from 1993 to 1996 but sadly had a horrendous crash in which I rolled several times on a motorway ending upside down. Fortunately, Moggies were built properly and had it been any other car I probably would not be writing this message now.
I know we sold it for scrap in about September or October 1996 but, out of curiosity, I checked DVLA to discover it's still on the road. I'm assuming that it was restored and, if so, would love to know what became of it.
Any tips, leads etc gratefully appreciated.
Best wishes
Simon
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: My first car - KWV 140F Blue 1098 c 1967

Post by geoberni »

Interesting; if you rolled it several times the body shell must've been pretty mangled and very difficult to straighten.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone pulled a flanker and built a replacement car from bits and just used that ID.
The rules, such as they were, on scrapping vehicles back then were rarely followed correctly.

Perhaps I'm just a cynical old beggar, but it's pretty easy to play mix and match with Moggies and their paperwork if so inclined.
There's been a obvious case over on the facebook group recently, where the paperwork and real ID just don't match.
Basil the 1955 series II