Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Carty
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Rear Brake diagram

Post by Carty »

Hi All
I'm replacing my rear cylinders and shoes but have a leak. I suspect that I haven't got the washers in the right place, interestingly when i took it to bits (because of a leak) I only had one copper washer on and i see that there is talk of 2, a large one and a smaller one.
i have bought these from ESM but cant for the life of me find a diagram of the pipe - cylinder connection area in any of my oil covered books.
Can anyone help as obviously i want to make sure i'm leak free when i bleed them.
On a separate note, I have bought the Ezebleed one man bleeding kit, but it don't fit as i have a remote reservoir. Anyone help with that??

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Rear Brake diagram

Post by philthehill »

Here you are:-
https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-m ... 51-71.html

Items No: 64 & 66 are the copper washers required and which should be in place. I would recommend that the washers are annealed before fitting to ensure a leak free seal. The copper washers may have hardened with age even those in the parts bin.

As regards the remote reservoir - you can get reservoir caps suitable for use with the Easy Bleed system or use the universal cap:-
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RX2081-- ... gJCFfD_BwE
Last edited by philthehill on Fri May 06, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

From the wheel cylinder, the correct order is: small copper washer, brass banjo with bleed nipple, copper washer, screw in union to secure all this to wheel cylinder. Then brake pipe screws into that. Don’t forget to fit the rubber dust boot first thing first.
Carty
Minor Friendly

Post by Carty »

Perfect. Thank you both for your prompt and helpful replies.
Re the rubber boot, ive already forgot that. A pain in the butt to have to take to bits to put on.
Thanks once again :D