How to get my car valued for insurance?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
shabskay
MMOC Member: No

How to get my car valued for insurance?

Post by shabskay »

Good afternoon, I am after some help please............
I have a beautiful Morris Minor convertible that is is excellent condition as it has been fully restored (it took 16 months for the garage to complete!).
I also have a Minor Million which I love and is in good condition and is completely original. I have spoken with Footman James today and they said I can get an agreed value for each car, then if either of them are written off, I will receive the agreed amount.
Has anyone done this? If so, where do you go to get the information? Footman James suggested that I contact the MMOC for inspiration!
Look forward to hearing from you all soon. Best wishes in advance :D
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: How to get my car valued for insurance?

Post by ManyMinors »

The MMOC have a list of recommended valuers who can perform this task.
Footman James used to have their own list too because I once had a copy sent from them when I was insured with them.
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

I remember Rob Thomasin (apologies if spelt wrong!) on this site undertook this service and provided me with a valuation was it not passed on to his successor?

Alan
KeithL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by KeithL »

Our Traveller has an agreed valuation. We came up with a figure, the insurer asked for some info and a list of photos and they agreed the figure. We upp'ed the figure a couple of years ago and just had to repeat the process. I guess an independent valuation might be useful if you have no idea what your car is worth.