Pick up

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mick2jags
MMOC Member: No

Pick up

Post by Mick2jags »

Morning every one .I have just purchased a "Barn Find." I am assuming by the look of it it is a pick up. but the rear is totally missing.Can anyone recommend a company to supply the missing panels etc:- Thanks in Advance Mick
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Pick up

Post by philthehill »

A couple or more photos of your barn find would enable readers to advise what panels are required.

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Also quote the first part of the chassis number, not all of it, just the first 4 or 5 characters. Worth checking on the DVLA enquiry site to see if it is currently registered (will depend upon how long it has been off the road).
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Be nice if it is a pick-up. Btw are you related to Arthur 2 sheds Jackson ?

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Or John 2-jags Prescott?
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Rear sides and tailgate for sale on ebay at the moment.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

As the OP is not sure that the 'barn find' is indeed a pickup it seems to me senseless to order parts until the true identity of the vehicle had been determined. A stripped out traveller could easily be mistaken for the rear of a pickup if not aware of the body/chassis differences.
I know of at least one traveller that has been rebuilt as a non factory bodied pickup and which does not have the separate commercial factory chassis.
I would be wary of jumping in feet first and assuming the 'barn find' is indeed a pickup.

Mick2jags

Post by Mick2jags »

Evening thanks for all the replies, Firstly we are not jumping in feet first,as I/we know it's a pick up driven into the barn in August 1980 where it has remained since,Hence the Question does anyone know of a reputable company where we can purchase bed/ sides/ tailgate for a 1974 pick up.Thanks in advance
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

A 1974 pickup?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

N reg number? The plot thickens. :D. ESM are a reputable company for Minor parts, if it’s a genuine LCV. They are in East Sussex.

Mick2jags

Post by Mick2jags »

les wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:40 pm N reg number? The plot thickens. :D. ESM are a reputable company for Minor parts, if it’s a genuine LCV. They are in East Sussex.
Not a N reg it's a M Registered on the 01/08/1973 my mistake not a 1974
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That’s interesting, as you may know it’s generally accepted that production stopped ‘ 71/72. However it’s not unheard of to have one registered later, maybe post some pictures when you get a chance, would be nice to see.

Mick2jags

Post by Mick2jags »

Basically the registration number on the pick up does not relate to the pick up,also the Id plate is missing from the bulk head.Therfore according to DVLA the true origin of the Morris Minor pick up can not be identified so it's a parts only car.
Shame to brake it for spares but at this moment in time looks like only option.The pick up was reversed into garage in 1982 where it has stood since,The "Owner" since has died and no revelant paper work can be found. If anyone has any other ideas on how to move forward on this We are all Ears!!!
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

That is a shame. Does the registration belong to another vehicle then?
I'm not sure that late vans/pick-ups had an ID plate on the bulkhead. I think they wore them on the inside of the passenger door originally?
I suppose it is fairly common for paperwork to go missing after somebody dies.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Although it has been said that the reg does not relate to the vehicle, I’d have thought that to have the number assigned to said vehicle there would be some documentation trail to allow this to happen. So I think selling for spares would be premature. There should be a plate with info on it, attached to the near side floor under the bonnet, is it still there? If indeed it is a pickup, it’s worth keeping complete, if it’s a hybrid then yes maybe break it.

Mick2jags

Post by Mick2jags »

Hi there's no I'd on vehicle anywhere,the only proof of it being a pick up is from a neighbor,who helped him reverse into garage in 1982,he can't remember the number plate but the one on the front( none on back) is NFA432M.which doesn't come back as a pick up.So judging by this it's a parts only vehicle as when the owner died,his blood sucking relatives dumped all paperwork etc of any kind in the Bin
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

If you have a friendly local garage or motor factor with the right software, they can usually trace the chassis number from the registration number :wink: That might tell you what vehicle that registration number does relate to which might be a start?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

The registration number NFA432M according to the DVLA website relates to a Morris unknown, colour white which was first registered 8th August 1973. It does not state as to whether the vehicle is a pickup, van, car or traveller or even a Morris Minor.
https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/V ... ?locale=en
Note the engine size recorded as 1275cc.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

NFA 430-4M all white 1275 whte Morris's?

Body, engine number (tax disc) available?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Post some pictures, someone may show an interest. I think we’d all like to at least see it in its present state ! :D