Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Pick up

Post by philthehill »

Just tried the registration numbers either side of NFA432M and they also are listed as Morris - one with a 1275cc engine. One has the engine size listed as unknown. Both were registered August 1973.
I will have a guesstimate and say that the registrations refer to Morris 1300s not Morris Minors and could have been part of a garage batch registration.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’m getting confused by this thread. :-? I presume the tailgate and sides will no longer be required, if the vehicle is being considered as parts only.

POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Have the 2 captive nuts - for the front B post mounted spare wheel bkt - been used, if not, either a pickup, or, if cab yellow, ex-PO Engineers' van.

As mentioned, would need the cab,engine numbers, dates from wiper motor & voltage regulator cap, dynamo, g/box number AND a checklist of spec/fittings etc.

If a conclusive manufacture month(s) can be found, DVLA will issue a "SABT" prefixed 17 digit VIN & allocate a age related registration mark.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I for one would still like to see pictures of the vehicle remains. Visual confirmation either way should then be possible.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Me too Phil, it expands the thread and it’s a point of interest. I’m bias of course, regarding Lcvs :D