Parts clear out - open to offers

You can use this area to advertise parts.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
akuchanny
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Parts clear out - open to offers

Post by akuchanny »

Hi all,

I am having a parts clear out and wanted to see if anyone is interested or wanted to make any offers on any of the parts before I go through the pain of eBay et al. Im not sure of current prices - but have put a rough guess next to each one - let me know if this mad or close. would be best for collection but postage can be sorted at further cost - everything is located in Hertfordshire.

I have the following that I want to clear out -

One pair of half shafts (from a 948 minor) have some surface rust from storage but in good condition and will clean up well (£25 - £35 open to offers)

Prop shaft in good condition (£30 - £40 open to offers)

1098 ribbed gearbox in good working order - has been stored since the car was converted to a type 9 box (£130 - £150 open to offers)

1098 engine no ancillaries - in need of a rebuild - it was burning oil (£200 - £250 open to offers)

1275 engine (no head or ancillaries) will need a rebore, as cylinders 1 and four have scoring as the gudgeon pins worked loose and hit the cylinder wall - but has ever been rebored and is a 12v midget casting so a great engine to build a 1360 upwards on. (£250 - £350 open to offers)

Midget rear axle casing (£100 - £125 open to offers)

Mixed box of part disassembled diffs (two or three) all in good condition - one had the wrong input shafts and a "helpful" EX friend pulled them apart and was out of their depth - so they haven't been touched since. - one is a 948 diff (4.5 I think) the other is a 3.9 diff if my memory is right - there may be a third but not sure what its ratio is or what its from (£150 - £200 open to offers)

Alloy radiator (aluminium) it has two holes in the header tank - repairable - as some coolant level sensors where epoxied into it - was going to repair it but no longer needed, core is okay but fins will need some attention (£50 - £60 open to offers)

A set of wheels - will need repainting as used but all have good Bridgestone tyres on them (no cracking on last check) - not sure of age - but should be fine (£100 - £150 open to offers)

Two Newton commercial Suffolk - maroon vinyl - seat bases will need recovering as the stitching has gone in places - no subframes just the seats and headrests, very comfortable but changed out for rover BRM seats instead of recovering - can have heated elements fitted to them - but not included . (£350 - £450 for the pair open to offers)

Let me know if anyone is interested in any parts or wants some more info and I will do what I can

Thanks for looking

Andy
Akuchanny
61' modified minor
71' Reliant Scimitar
cyrus
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Parts clear out - open to offers

Post by cyrus »

Hi I would be interested in the wheels and tyres, I am in Kent so maybe a bit far away, what would the postage be if this is possible or can you meet up somewhere between Herts and Kent (i.e. London/Essex) ?
kind regards
akuchanny
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by akuchanny »

Hi Cyrus

Sure I could meet you in Essex / London - I will try to get some pictures for you next week if you want to check them out before going for them?

Let me know what works for you, and thanks for getting back to me

Andy
Akuchanny
61' modified minor
71' Reliant Scimitar
cyrus
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by cyrus »

Thanks, PM sent