Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

New Moggy Owner

Post by PhilipW1039 »

So, here's a question for all you seasoned owners. Is this now the normal dining table of a Morris Minor owner....?! :D
Attachments
33E0DCD4-9B0F-4CF9-8661-5CE3A13C9FA4.jpeg
33E0DCD4-9B0F-4CF9-8661-5CE3A13C9FA4.jpeg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 793 times
Philip

Just gradually working things out...
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: New Moggy Owner

Post by panky »

Almost, there's no block :wink:
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

Only if you live alone :lol:
Regards Bill
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I reckon he lives with someone, as they’ve put some protection on the table to avoid damaging the surface!

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Bill_qaz wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:25 pm Only if you live alone :lol:
He might be soon.

don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

Almost, there's no block
I can only assume its in the dishwasher. :D

Don
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

Sorry everyone for missing these posts last night - I'm a morning person, not a night owl.

Actually my next question was how many marriages involving a Moggy, end in divorce?! I bet it's higher than the 33%!! So no, I'm not alone but thankfully my wife is extremely tolerant of me, or perhaps for now anyway. Or perhaps she's just tolerant of Geraldine and, let's face it, who wouldn't be....
4EE7794B-EB06-40B3-B58C-E555B3ACE310.jpeg
4EE7794B-EB06-40B3-B58C-E555B3ACE310.jpeg (4.34 MiB) Viewed 748 times
Philip

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Very nice. I love the colour with the pale wood.

PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

Funny you should say that. I'll be doing the wood this summer and was contemplating last night whether to go with the "original" honey pine colour, or a lighter ash/oak. Sometimes it's nice to be different isn't it.
Philip

unclealec
Minor Fan

Post by unclealec »

Funny you should mention divorce.
My wife (50th Anniversary yesterday) is not overly impressed with old vehicles. Tolerant rather than appreciative.
But she is extremely impressed with the fun you have when they are being used. Meals out and/or scenic drives with fellow owners; caravanning en masse; weekends away in hotels; that sort of thing.
I would say that the main benefit of the old car hobby is that it is inclusive; the whole family can benefit from the fruits of your labours.
Alec Gatherer
Manchester-by-the-Ditch.
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

unclealec wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:40 am Funny you should mention divorce.
My wife (50th Anniversary yesterday) is not overly impressed with old vehicles. Tolerant rather than appreciative.
But she is extremely impressed with the fun you have when they are being used. Meals out and/or scenic drives with fellow owners; caravanning en masse; weekends away in hotels; that sort of thing.
I would say that the main benefit of the old car hobby is that it is inclusive; the whole family can benefit from the fruits of your labours.
That was a lovely post, thanks Alec. We're only at 10 years (both 45 ish) but I think, and hope, that we'll enjoy all the things you've said there and enjoy them together. As you say, tolerance is most important and I'm guessing that's how you've got through 50 years?! (Congratulations on yesterday by the way)

Thankfully, my new gasket set has literally just arrived so no more parts on the dining table after today - woohoo! Well, not until I renew the front oil seal anyway ( and timing chain, water pump...... :D )
Philip

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
A very nice Traveller you have there.
You could also get a nice, ready made, wooden garage to sit on that parking space, with enough room around the car for some storage and benches, which will in turn save your dining table (and thus prevent other possible upsets).
Also a wooden one = temporary wooden construction. So no planning permissions required.

Except from the wife of course........ :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

Hmmm... that's food for thought there Mike, thank you. I had actually suggested similar to the wife the other day but she rightly pointed out that our lounge (window just off the drive) would then be very dark. That would be ideal though; I'd love a garage! Mind you, I'd then want an inspection pit too!
Philip

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Once I was washing my car in the street and an old gent came along. Quoth he: "I used to 'ave wan o' they cars. 'Ad to sell it when I got married........biggest mistake I ever made!" :o
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

but she rightly pointed out that our lounge (window just off the drive) would then be very dark.
A thought here, based on what I've done with mine.
It is useful to have some natural light in the garage, glass panes on the front doors are one way, however I also have perspex panels at the top of my rear wall. These let in an amazing amount of light, so much so that in daytime I can shut the doors and don't need the lights on to work by.
If you have glass panes in the front door and add in some perspex (or glass) panels / windows into the back wall (see pics of what I have built below**), then light will naturally flow through the garage, alleviating the problem of a darkened front room.
Another thing I am going to do is fix some trellis to the back wall to green it up a bit by planting honeysuckle and clematis, you could do the same with a small / narrow border along the back of your garage.
Thus light and colour, to keep 'her indoors' happy.
Best wishes,
Mike.

** Excuse clutter but I have not long finished my garage and I have yet to plasterboard / plaster the walls and then add racking etc / tidy up. It was a long build.......
Attachments
Garage I built - rear.jpg
Garage I built - rear.jpg (569.74 KiB) Viewed 633 times
Garage I built - interior.jpg
Garage I built - interior.jpg (600.1 KiB) Viewed 633 times
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

My dining table has several gauges on and an LCB exhaust manifold leaning up against it, and my fiance knows this is part of the deal!
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

I'm glad to see that this is all part of Moggy married life. I shall reassure my better half of this should she feel the need to complain 😀. Translated - I think I'll keep my mouth shut....
Philip

MorrisJohn
Minor Addict

Post by MorrisJohn »

PhilipW1039 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:47 am
Actually my next question was how many marriages involving a Moggy, end in divorce?! I bet it's higher than the 33%!!

4EE7794B-EB06-40B3-B58C-E555B3ACE310.jpeg
Attachments
2F7B3D8B-5DAA-482A-8552-35617D99B384.jpeg
2F7B3D8B-5DAA-482A-8552-35617D99B384.jpeg (714.11 KiB) Viewed 545 times
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

:D I actually liked your signature more - very true, they do put a smile on your face don't they, pootling around the countryside.
Philip