Questionnaire

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Dannyx12321
MMOC Member: No

Questionnaire

Post by Dannyx12321 »

Hi everyone I hope you are doing well.

I am a student at the University of Lincoln doing Heritage Conservation and was wondering if you would like to take part in a small questionnaire for my dissertation project. This is completely optional and if you don't wish to take part that is completely fine.

It should take no longer than 10 minutes and asks some general questions about classic vehicles, restoration and preservation/conservation. Your answers will then be looked at to see if they are commonly answered the same. When you complete the questionnaire could you submit your answers within 7 days.

Cheers and all the best,

Dan

If you have any questions, or if I've posted this in the wrong forum where another would be more appropriate let me know by replying to the thread!

Questionnaire link - https://forms.office.com/r/escTPZzJaP
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Questionnaire

Post by Sleeper »

Would you click on an unknown link???

From an unknown person???

I know I'm an old git but...

I wouldn't...

Reported as spam?

John ;-)
Des911
Minor Friendly

Post by Des911 »

Ditto
1958 4 door Black
Steve Phillips
Minor Fan

Post by Steve Phillips »

It does appear to be a real questionnaire (pasted below)
but the questions and wording seem odd to me,

And with the government looking at the "vehicle tinkering bill" again now I will not be answering it.

Sorry to the OP if its all genuine but not for me,
Steve

consent to my data being used
Yes
No

2.If a classic/historic vehicle needed to be worked on by either a professional conservator or a part-time volunteer, would you prefer that vehicle to be preserved in its current state, or be completely restored? Please note that the end product of the vehicle would then be placed into a museum, not into a private collection.
Preservation/Conservation
Restoration

3.What factors do you think are associated with the way a historic vehicle can be treated? Whether this be restoration or conservation. Select all options which you think apply.
Time
Amount of workers
Budget/Funding
Experience
All of the above

4.If a vehicle were to be completely restored to original, do you think this removes the vehicles unique history? Restoring would mean to resemble 'factory finish' of the vehicle.
Yes
No
Maybe

5.Do you think that preserving the 'appearance' of a historic vehicle is important? This means to retain its original look such as its colour and original parts.
Yes
No
Maybe

6.Do you think that preserving the 'history' of a historic vehicle is important? This means the vehicles personal journey and any changes that might have come with it as a result of its use.
Yes
No
Maybe

7.Do you think the approach to looking after a historic vehicle depends on the type of vehicle? (For example, transport vehicles (buses etc) should be preserved, but cars should be restored)
Yes
No
Maybe

8.What types of vehicles do you think are better off in general being 'restored'? With the end goal of being stored in a private collection for later functional use.
Transport vehicles (buses etc)
Cars
Motorbikes
All of the above
None of the above
I'm not sure

9.What types of vehicles do you think are better off in general being 'preserved'? With the end goal of being stored in a private collection for later functional use.
Cars
Motorbikes
All of the above
None of the above
I'm not sure

10.What types of vehicles do you think are better off in general being 'restored'? With the end goal of being displayed in a museum.
Cars
Motorbikes
All of the above
None of the above
I'm not sure

11.What types of vehicles do you think are better off in general being 'preserved'? With the end goal of being displayed in a museum.
Cars
Motorbikes
All of the above
None of the above
I'm not sure

12.Do you own a classic vehicle?
Yes
No

13.If yes, do you currently use it, or is it in your storage or someone else's?
The vehicle is being driven
The vehicle is not being worked on, in storage
The vehicle is on loan to a museum
The vehicle is currently being worked on, stored in a garage
I do not own one
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Maybe the OP will post again and explain why he is doing this, what he hopes to achieve and how the results will be used.

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

And with the government looking at the "vehicle tinkering bill" again now
Oh, oh, what are they proposing now?.....
And as a separate issue:
Why is it that bureaucrats seem to take so much pleasure removing the joy from everything (for our own good of course...)?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Dannyx12321

Post by Dannyx12321 »

Hi everyone, sorry for not making my intentions clear with the questionnaire. This is not spam or an attempt to get your personal data, its genuine!

This is for my university dissertation, I wanted to engage vehicle enthusiasts on their preferences in different aspects of 'treatment' (working on) vehicles, such as restoration/preservation. The end goal would then be to look at the data I got after 2 weeks and talk about trends in the data in my essay to see if questions are commonly answered the same. Also apologies if some of the questions sound a bit technical, my essay looks into the whole treatments aspect of vehicles so the questions ask specific things.

As I said in the original post it's completely fine if you don't want to take part and I understand if people are cautious at first glance, but this is a real thing.

Kind regards,

Daniel I'anson
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

KeithL wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:49 am Maybe the OP will post again and explain why he is doing this, what he hopes to achieve and how the results will be used.
He explained...
I am a student at the University of Lincoln doing Heritage Conservation and was wondering if you would like to take part in a small questionnaire for my dissertation project.
It's most likely the guy's final chance to impress his tutors, to quote a excerpt from this website: https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/what-dissertation

The aim of the project is to test the independent research skills students have acquired during their time at university, with the assessment used to help determine their final grade. Although there is usually some guidance from your tutors, the dissertation project is largely independent.

For most students this will be the longest, most difficult and most important assignment completed at university, requiring months of preparation and hard work (the library might become a second home). However, it can also be very rewarding, particularly if you’re passionate about your choice of topic. It’s therefore definitely a good idea to make sure you choose a subject you’re genuinely interested in.

I expect he is doing this course: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/course/hrtconam/
Basil the 1955 series II

Dannyx12321

Post by Dannyx12321 »

geoberni wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:27 pm
KeithL wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:49 am Maybe the OP will post again and explain why he is doing this, what he hopes to achieve and how the results will be used.
He explained...
I am a student at the University of Lincoln doing Heritage Conservation and was wondering if you would like to take part in a small questionnaire for my dissertation project.
It's most likely the guy's final chance to impress his tutors, to quote a excerpt from this website: https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/what-dissertation

The aim of the project is to test the independent research skills students have acquired during their time at university, with the assessment used to help determine their final grade. Although there is usually some guidance from your tutors, the dissertation project is largely independent.

For most students this will be the longest, most difficult and most important assignment completed at university, requiring months of preparation and hard work (the library might become a second home). However, it can also be very rewarding, particularly if you’re passionate about your choice of topic. It’s therefore definitely a good idea to make sure you choose a subject you’re genuinely interested in.

I expect he is doing this course: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/course/hrtconam/
Less about impressing and more about getting the degree :wink:

Also it's BA Conservation of Cultural Heritage :tu1:
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

The vehicle is currently being worked on, stored in a garage
Mine is being worked on, but the garage is too full to store it in! :D