Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Grumpy21
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Rattling windows

Post by Grumpy21 »

Starting to sort out the details now and the drivers door drop glass is really annoying because it rattles so much.

I think the rubber seal in the rear upright is worn and could do with replacing. Now a little research says this isn’t as straightforward as it could be. There’s a Normal size and a wide size available. With no indications of dimensions. Also although it looks easy enough to pull out, it looks like it could be trouble to put the new ones back in

Advice welcome?
MorrisMinion
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Rattling windows

Post by MorrisMinion »

I had the same problem on my 1965 convertible, but lived with the rattle for too long and assigned it to the general assembly of noises made by a Minor to keep the driver awake on long journeys. The solution came via a new part from ESM. I wanted to prevent water from getting down inside the door as the original weather strips at the top of the doors (both inside and out) were worn and didn't really hold the window glass. I replaced the inner weather seals with the original type, but on the outside I used the newer touch-glass type that have a rubber blade which provides a better seal against the window glass. The seals are push fit with clips and are easy to install. A surprising side effect of this change of weather seal was that the rattling windows were silenced. It's worth a shot and I hope it works for you.

Have a look at: https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body- ... ls-p828214