Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Courtesy Light

Post by jagnut66 »

Most Ebay sellers seem to be expensive sources of car parts now
You are right, prices on there have increased over time. It can still be a good place to find things but I will shop around if I don't like the prices in any one place.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Grumpy21
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Grumpy21 »

eBay now charge 13% commission even on postage which seems like it’s wrong to me. So a £20 part that costs £5 to post would net the seller £16.45. They also take 30p from every sale. And if the buyer doesn’t like it then the seller has to pay return postage, give a full refund and still pay the 30p.

I use eBay as little as possible because of these terms and conditions these days
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by MorrisJohn »

Grumpy21 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:48 am eBay now charge 13% commission even on postage which seems like it’s wrong to me. So a £20 part that costs £5 to post would net the seller £16.45. They also take 30p from every sale. And if the buyer doesn’t like it then the seller has to pay return postage, give a full refund and still pay the 30p.

I use eBay as little as possible because of these terms and conditions these days
Couldn’t agree more. eBay as a bit of a monopoly have become far too greedy.
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com