Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: What?!!

Post by MorrisJohn »

philipkearney wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:21 pm
simmitc wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am I can think of quite a few thousand reasons why it hasn't been snapped up :wink:
Yeah, about 12 or 13 thousand reasons !
Exactement. The description makes me want to vomit. An estate agent would be proud! It’s so over the top I’m surprised it doesn’t say the car has lived all its life in the driveway of a “villa within a much sought after locale”.
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

In fairness, if you look beyond the over the top sales patter, the car is very nice and looks to have been restored to a high standard but (and it's a big but) if I had £20k burning a hole in my pocket, I wouldn't be spending on that.
nutsandbolts
Minor Friendly

Post by nutsandbolts »

Don't be too harsh on the modifier/restorer they have made a nice car, I agree too pricey, it may not be standard by a long way and certainly not a concours show winner. How many minors on the road have had mod's of some kind....probably quite a lot.

Cars have always had extra's fitted or upgraded, according to the owners taste, I previously had a moggy van with a Marina engine, Toyota 5 speed box, fibreglass van body, servo disc brakes + loads of other mods, I loved it and now regret that I sold it.

100% original cars are great, but everyone has their choice to make, if it was 10k cheaper it would sell quickly in my opinion.
the most unreliable part of a car is the nut holding the steering wheel!