Replacement carpets

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Moonbolt
MMOC Member: Yes

Replacement carpets

Post by Moonbolt »

Hello, you lovely people. I have recently bought my first Minor 1000 (1965). It’s in great condition mechanically, but its carpets look like a small family of voles have been living in them. Do you have any recommendations for the best place to buy a complete replacement carpet set? Cheers in advance. Tom
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Re: Replacement carpets

Post by jagnut66 »

I have bought from both eBay and the main suppliers in the past and never had any issues, so wherever you find the best price.
A good quality sound deadening felt / underlay will make things more cosy too.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Moonbolt

Post by Moonbolt »

Thank you, Mike
Bubblemechanic
Minor Friendly

Post by Bubblemechanic »

Hi please be careful of buying your carpets from Bobbies Upholstery because he is rather unreliable both in getting the goods to you and then customer care if you need advise . There is a place up just past Manchester that do all the Classic cars I went up with a set of Patterns and they made them while you waited If I can dig out oneof their reciepts I will post the address for you
Cheers Paul.