New Traveller Project

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ATB
MMOC Member: No

New Traveller Project

Post by ATB »

Just have this new project come in , could be in for a fun time , the wood has gone allowing the roof to twist the cab as well as the right hand front suspension has collapsed . So the strip down has begun , had to get that roof off before it is damaged. Have also just found the rear chassis leg at the B post has almost rusted away so time to get it jigged up and some bars welded in before it breaks in half. Will add photos once work out how to do so
Attachments
Delivery - Copy.jpg
Delivery - Copy.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2776 times
DSCF5195.JPG
DSCF5195.JPG (804.27 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
DSCF5197.JPG
DSCF5197.JPG (802.13 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
DSCF5198.JPG
DSCF5198.JPG (807.23 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Re: New Traveller Project

Post by Bowie69 »

The floors looked solid, until I realised you had a colour matching tarp underneath to catch all the detritus.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Looks quite a late car? Aqua colour originally? Big project. Good luck with it.
ATB

Post by ATB »

Having gone a bit further have found the car is ready to brake in half at the rear so need to weld in some bars asap
Question
Does anyone have any measurements for the rear end , if not may just wait till the wood arrived and jig it from there
Attachments
IMG_1333.jpg
IMG_1333.jpg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 2705 times
IMG_1334.jpg
IMG_1334.jpg (3 MiB) Viewed 2705 times
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by jagnut66 »

Well done to you for saving her.
Just in the nick of time, as you say. Keep us updated.
'Taupe' is a good one to 'pm' for advice, what he's done, so far, with his Traveller, which was also in a dire state originally, is to be admired.
Good luck and best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Possibly the most comprehensive, and inspirational, thread on Traveller restoration was some years back by Neil MG

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48882&hilit=just+another

Settle down for a lot of reading! (I do hope threads like this survive the changes planned for the messageboard)

I've done a complete restoration on my 1971 Traveller, most of the chassis, woodwork, engine, gearbox, diff, electrics.... Not quite as high a standard as Neil's or Taupe's, but feel free to PM me if you can't find answers elsewhere, I do have a lot of photographs.

Good luck

Mark
don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

I do hope threads like this survive the changes planned for the messageboard
Good point, Mark. We know some valuable threads were lost (all the photos anyway) in the past. It was only because of Neil's generosity and hard work that the photos were all restored.

I am taking no chances--I have downloaded the entire thread!

I was lucky enough to download Rose Taupe's entire thread with all its photos intact and unwatermarked.

All the best to all Board members for the Festive Season.d

Don
ATB

Post by ATB »

Have now found a bit of time to put into the Traveller between other projects , the new metal and wood has arrived so i have used the new wood to jig the rear end up and then started to weld a frame into it to keep it in place
Did find the rear spring mounts where not well attached any more, they fell off.
Just waiting need to welding in a few more bars then i can start cutting out the rot and get the new bit in ,
Attachments
IMG_1416.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 2360 times
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1417.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2360 times
IMG_1415.jpg
IMG_1415.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 2360 times