What was going on there?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mick Lynch
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: What was going on there?

Post by Mick Lynch »

POMMReg wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:37 pm
myoldjalopy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:11 am No, it isn't, he failed - he omitted the Cornishman! :-?
Don't forget the "gender neutral" variety!!

Given time, with all these half baked PC ppl creating sub cultures,the whole world will dissappear up it's own behind!

No apostrophe's were harmed in this msg.
A Cornishperson you mean??
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Admin »

les wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:31 pm ... the worry that offence might be taken is there, hence deletion in this case.
It should be remembered that posts are not moderated for 'causing offence', but instead for having 'the potential to cause offence'. I can only speak for myself of course but there have been very very few instances where I have personally found content posted here that has offended me. In fact I'm one of the most libertarian people I know and it's far more often that I cause offence rather than suffer it. Most of the recipients of Christmas presents from me will be opening copies of Whisky Bible whether they're whisky fans or not, as a gesture of my personal support for its author and his stance against the wokerati.
So when posts are moderated, it is done as a preventative measure on behalf of the club, because we can't give the perpetually offended the opportunity to reach for the smelling salts over anything they read here. Alternatively, make the subject of all your jokes either vegetarian, or Morris dancers, because I believe that they are two of the last groups of people who haven't yet developed their militant arm dedicated to fighting back against the oppression. As it happens, I have a very good MMOC friend who fits in both those categories, so you won't be surprised to hear that I make more jokes at her expense than any other ten people :D
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Should I post up the 'Snowflake' complaint form again?.................... :D
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

He who,dares, doesn’t always win ! :D

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

jagnut66 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:26 pm Should I post up the 'Snowflake' complaint form again?.................... :D
Best wishes,
Mike.
In a word, No :D

Try not to misunderstand what we're talking about here. There's more than eight thousand members of the club, plus family members on top. Here on the board there's twenty thousand members, though only a fraction post regularly here. And from all those thousands of people, only literally a handful spend their spare time examining what's written, looking for something to be offended about. I can think of a couple right now, but they are in a tiny minority, if you'll forgive the pun.
What happens here is a microcosm of wider society - tolerance of views you don't share is in short supply. C'est la vie, innit peeps? :lol: :lol:
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Subs must raise a surprising amount of money. :o

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Mike has not revealed anything new. All the information relating to the Club is notified to Members, and nobody pays anything to join the Messageboard, so I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make?
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

What happens here is a microcosm of wider society - tolerance of views you don't share is in short supply. C'est la vie, innit peeps?
Perhaps they should form their own club, only for members of the Politically Correct, Self Righteous, Holier Than Thou and Permanently Offended Society or PCSRHTTPOS for short................... :lol:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Could we not have a " Tap Room " section , for the broad-minded adults , I used to enjoy somewhere to joke , spit , drink beer , play darts and dominoes without having to examine everything I said before I said it ?

John ;-)
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

I so hope that's not a serious suggestion lol
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

les wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:38 pm Subs must raise a surprising amount of money. :o
Members of the MMOC can view the latest accounts (year ended 31st December 2020 ) online in the Members Area of the Club website at page 19 of those accounts.
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Sleeper wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 pm Could we not have a " Tap Room " section , for the broad-minded adults , I used to enjoy somewhere to joke , spit , drink beer , play darts and dominoes without having to examine everything I said before I said it ?

John ;-)
This is primarily a Morris Minor messageboard, isn't it?
I run a football predictions league in another more appropriate place, not here.
Anyone can set up a messageboard with their own rules wherever they like - maybe that's what you need to do?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

:o
Sleeper wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 pm Could we not have a " Tap Room " section , for the broad-minded adults , I used to enjoy somewhere to joke , spit , drink beer , play darts and dominoes without having to examine everything I said before I said it ?

John ;-)
Well maybe, if there was a warning under that section, similar to the thing the BBC do if they think an episode might cause offence.
Or at least a code of some sort to prevent entry by an innocent browser. :o

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

I'm afraid that would probably be seen as worse than having it in the general conversation. Whether you could pull it off or not is another matter, but you could at least attempt to feign innocent ignorance with some 1980s style saloon bar jokes in the 'general chat' forums. Creating a specific area for it is (or more accurately it would be seen as) tantamount to saying "yes I know it's 'whateverist' but I want to say it anyway.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Before you know it we'll have Jimmy Tarbuck and Jim Davidson doing gigs at the Nationals........ :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Apologies, I have just spotted an omission in my reply to Les about how much MMOC subs. bring in to the Club.
It should have read :
"Members of the MMOC can view the latest accounts (year ended 31st December 2020 ) online in the Members Area of the Club website, subscription income is at page 19 of those accounts."

The error isn't my fault (like nothing is Boris's fault :roll: :lol: ), I blame Gershwin, he kept nudging me whilst I was typing. (Gershwin is THE most gorgeous cream coloured golden retriever, 10 years old, weighing in at 41 kilos. He's just retired from guide dog service, back home to us, we puppywalked him).
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

A Football Predictions League?!

WOW, sounds an incredibly interesting & thorougly absorbing subject....PLEASE forward a link asap!!😂
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Oh no, don’t let’s bring football into this, people kicking a bag of wind around, for quite a lot of money. Talking about predictions, you can always predict that football will take priority over any scheduled programme on tv !!
BTW, ——- welcome back.

Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

In these days of Covid and Blame Culture I always wonder why
1.Footballers still head the ball
and
2.kiss and hug each other after scoring a goal..

I do realise they are overpaid for their " prowess" with a ball and not what's between their ears..

John ;-)