relay shaft

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jeff-d
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

relay shaft

Post by jeff-d »

I have fitted the engine and gearbox into the car all tightened down and then i decided to install the new the clutch pedal linkage with a new relay shaft what a nightmare which ever way i tried to fit it seems too long other than taking the engine back out how do you install the shaft i would be great full for any advice thanks
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: relay shaft

Post by simmitc »

Assemble the ball/bush with spring and cover on end of shaft and attach to gearbox, leaving cover loose. Assemble rubber and bronze components to other end of shaft, with cover, then slide up to align with chassis leg. Lastly, insert the base or packing piece between the rubber bush and the chassis leg. Tighten all bolts (hex head machine screws).

When the "naked" relay shaft is in place, then assemble the various linkages.

It will all fit, but if you still have problems, then you could loosen the gearbox mounts to push the box sideways, but that should not be necessary.
jeff-d
Minor Fan

Post by jeff-d »

thanks simmitc for the great advice but i had to take the nearside gearbox mounting off push it across and finally got the shaft in cheers
jeff-d
Minor Fan

Post by jeff-d »

hi simmitc one last question where does the return spring fit on to. cheers
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Hole on the bottom of the release bearing operating yoke to hole in the edge of the engine backplate.
jeff-d
Minor Fan

Post by jeff-d »

cheers mate