Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Floor & Sill Costs

Post by panky »

I used a machine enamel for the floors which is a pretty close match to the Bermuda blue of my Traveller. Used a roller to do the job and it worked out well enough. The seller also does a dark royal blue which may ne suitable for you.

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/123-Autocar ... R1-V3=R1V3

I've just used a about a tin and a half of Built Hamber Dynax S 50 on all the enclosed sections and have some Dynax UC (clear wax) for under the wheel arches, both products come highly recommended from the Mini fraternity.
Monty-4
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Monty-4 »

panky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:39 pm I've just used a about a tin and a half of Built Hamber Dynax S 50 on all the enclosed sections and have some Dynax UC (clear wax) for under the wheel arches
Is that the big tin using your own compressor to spray or their 750ml cans?
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by panky »

I used the 750 ml spray cans because I had half of one left after flooding the sills on the Mini - but I guess the big can would work out cheaper if you had more than one car to do. The probe attachment they sometimes come with are very useful for getting into the box sections. It's not that long so I joined two together which was long enough to get everywhere including all the way up the chassis rail right to the front.