Traveller wood

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Classiccars
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller wood

Post by Classiccars »

Hi has anyone got a piece of what I think is waist rail.Basically the piece of wood that runs down the middle of the traveller from rear to door at hip height.I just need 2 or 3 inches to fill gaps.If you have a bit you could put on a card size envelope I would be happy to pay plus pandp.Thank you
Matt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Traveller wood

Post by Matt »

I might have a complete new one... but seems a shame to sacrifice it for a few inches...
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Hi Matt Its up to you of course if you think it's better in one piece ok but would love a piece of it as cant think how to get it anywhere else.And you get some money for it.Either way thanks.Hetes hoping Steve
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

You can buy ash (which is what the wood is) from most timber merchants, and they might well have offcuts that they sell for peanuts - the size that you want would be classed as firewood. You can also ask the suppliers of Traveller timbers that advertise in Minor Matters as they will also have offcuts available.

If letting in sections, then remember that the frame os structural, so enure that you make good strong joints.
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Fair points thank you