My Traveller. a Rolling restoration.

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
John Boy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

My Traveller. a Rolling restoration.

Post by John Boy »

Hi,
New to the board so thought id put up a few pics of my traveller from its beginnings to where i am at the mo!
Cheers
John
Attachments
started noticing things on closer inspection!
started noticing things on closer inspection!
IMG_4619.jpeg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 2604 times
time for a change of bushes.... my dad bless him wasn't the mechanic type, he just wanted to drive it.....something which became more evident as time went on
time for a change of bushes.... my dad bless him wasn't the mechanic type, he just wanted to drive it.....something which became more evident as time went on
IMG_2882.jpeg (3.76 MiB) Viewed 2604 times
When my dad passed away in 2018 the vehicle became mine. Luckily when i was 17 my first car was a 4 door saloon so i had a fair few parts  lying around in the parents loft. ( i'm 45 now! )
When my dad passed away in 2018 the vehicle became mine. Luckily when i was 17 my first car was a 4 door saloon so i had a fair few parts lying around in the parents loft. ( i'm 45 now! )
IMG_5986.jpeg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 2604 times
When the business owner passed away, my dad purchased the vehicle from his wife. My dad was the third owner.
When the business owner passed away, my dad purchased the vehicle from his wife. My dad was the third owner.
IMG_8155.jpeg (92.36 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
Public address vehicle for a local business. The chaps father had bought the vehicle new in 1965 and this is how it earned its living until the owner retired.
Public address vehicle for a local business. The chaps father had bought the vehicle new in 1965 and this is how it earned its living until the owner retired.
IMG_8501.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 2604 times
John Boy
Minor Friendly

My Traveller part 2

Post by John Boy »

a few more!
Attachments
IMG_0116.jpeg
IMG_0116.jpeg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
IMG_0118.jpeg
IMG_0118.jpeg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
IMG_7740.jpeg
IMG_7740.jpeg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
IMG_7436.jpeg
IMG_7436.jpeg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
IMG_7431.jpeg
IMG_7431.jpeg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: My Traveller. a Rolling restoration.

Post by mogbob »

John Welcome to the Forum, Season's Greetings.
Thanks for the piccies , Forumnites love those. It's clear that you have a few issues underneath whilst topside
it looks pretty good. The bad news is that you're not likely to crack it before Christmas 2020.The good news is you've caught now , before things get too out of hand.
I predict quite a bit of cutting out the rot /fabrication /new repair panels / welding and woodwork , etc to keep you out of mischief in 2021.
Lots of restoration threads covering the areas you're looking at on the Forum , plus the ongoing help / suggestions to specific questions. Keep the questions coming , most of the gang are willing and able and will relish the opportunity to exercise the little grey cells in lockdown.
Happy New Year with the precious Family car. Bob
John Boy
Minor Friendly

Post by John Boy »

Thanks for the welcome Bob,
My very first car was a 4 door saloon many years ago so i'm not totally unfamiliar with a Minor :D ....luckily i also amassed a fair few parts and panels to restore that one but it wasn't to be for various reasons. I seem to have most of the panels to do around the front of the car... just want to get new chassis legs sorted now as they are a bit of a patchwork quilt of bodge repairs. Front crossmember also needs looking at as its rusted through at one end..see pic.
Cheers
John
Attachments
IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 2498 times
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by mogbob »

John
I'll put you in the " you can't scare me " category of Morris Minor restorers then , if that's alright by you ?
Not a cheque book mechanic who never dirties their hands. Experience is a great teacher.
Happy Christmas Bob