Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Server Errors?

Post by geoberni »

Des911 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:32 pm This board has been unavailable for 2 days, does anyone have an answer to the problem ?
More like 48+ hours across 3 days, nominally lunchtime Monday to lunchtime Wednesday.
That is a wholly unacceptable level of service, especially when it's is flagged as 500 Error for Server Unavailability.
There's plenty of help pages on the internet for 500 Errors, perhaps our hosting company should read some of them! :evil:

But to answer your question, I suspect it's 2 fold. Stop using a creaking out of date software and get a better hosting & support provider.

What I knows about PHPBB software could probably be written on the proverbial postage stamp, but I've done a little bit of digging around, and as far as I can ascertain, this site is is possibly missing a few years worth of updates compared to the latest PHPBB version. Only someone like our Webmaster Mike would know the details.

It may be that the log details I looked at simply haven't been updated when the updates were carried out; but even that to me is sloppy workmanship.
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I should think this club could afford the best money can buy, the popularity of the forum is justification in itself.

arjay
Minor Friendly

Post by arjay »

It has been frustrating these last few days, demanding that I log in to see the page and then not letting me do so. How do you spell aargh?
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

It is frustrating, I sat down with a cuppa to catch up only to find the site down for a couple of days.
I believe "some" club websites are run by volunteers, is this one the same? i.e. run on a voluntary basis?
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

It was frustrating, so apologies for the lack of service. The matter was raised with the Club's supplier. We are hopeful of a permanent solution soon.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Sadly I think the damage has already been done, as noted by someone's 'where have they all gone' comment in a post I perused a few days ago, mourning the fact that there are not so many posters / contributors to this site anymore / alot of those that used to be regular contributors seem to have disappeared.
Plus, with all the problems uploading pictures, it must put off those doing large / long term restorations from sharing them with us.
I also note that there are at least a couple of other Morris Minor related 'messageboards' out there.......
Shame really.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)