Current Full Respray Cost

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
liammonty
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Current Full Respray Cost

Post by liammonty »

Bornfree wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:01 pm I'd be interested where you're getting a quote of £1000 in 2024. I could be ok interested at that price. Thanks
Me too. The person I paid to respray my car clearly saw me coming as I paid more than that. Wish I'd realised!!!

So, EVEN if the job only took 50 hours of work (which is probably on the low side including all the prep required, but I don't know as I'm not a bodywork expert) and the materials cost £700, the hourly rate would be £6 / hour, which probably explains why not many people out there provide a respray at that cost!
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

But no overheads like garage rental, business rates etc. if spraying on someone's driveway! :lol:
Seriously though, there is something a bit odd about this thread - both 'Col. Chestbridge' who wanted a re-spray, and 'Key Shawn-Johnson', who claimed he had his car re-sprayed for £700 have disappeared from the forum after only six and four posts respectively. But I suppose that is not so unusual on here. A bare metal re-spray for £700 seems an impossibility to me these days.
I note that 'Key-Shaw Johnson' says "I will just continue to enjoy the decent prices in the part of the UK that I live in" which suggests that there is a range of people carrying out work for knock-down prices in that part of the UK. I wonder where it is? :-?
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

It’s a town called ‘Make-Believe’ no houses just driveways ! :D