Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Messageboard outage for last couple of days

Post by busguy »

Just a word of thanks to those that have successfully got the messageboard back up and working tonight! It looks as if it was off a couple of days at least, so maybe not a simple one to sort out. Thanks again!
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Re: Messageboard outage for last couple of days

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

Agree , well done to whoever was involved .
KeithL
Minor Fan

Re: Messageboard outage for last couple of days

Post by KeithL »

Yes, I agree. It clearly wasn't a trivial problem.

busguy
Minor Addict

Message board outage for last couple of days

Post by busguy »

Just a word of thanks to those that have successfully got the messageboard back up and working tonight! It looks as if it was off a couple of days at least, so maybe not a simple one to sort out. Thanks again!
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Re: Message board outage for last couple of days

Post by philipkearney »

I'll second that. Thanks to whoever did what to get things up and running again.

At first I just thought it was just an issue with my iPad, but after trying and failing with both my phone and laptop too, I guessed it was something bigger.

Nice to be back !
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I hate to rain on a parade of goodwill, but my understanding is that there was no volunteer effort involved, it was a problem with the Club 's IT supplier, and a couple of days is, in my opinion, pretty poor service.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

simmitc wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:10 am I hate to rain on a parade of goodwill, but my understanding is that there was no volunteer effort involved, it was a problem with the Club 's IT supplier, and a couple of days is, in my opinion, pretty poor service.
I don't disagree. From my point of view, it was off from sometime mid Monday morning, so approaching 3 days in terms of UK activity.
That isn't just poor service, it's ABYSMAL.
My PC, when I left it trying to connect, was coming up with a 502 Error, Server Bad Gateway indication, a pretty catastrophic fail somewhere as you don't see it that often, well not for long.
To me it's yet another indication of a shoestring budget somewhere in the IT support.
IT like this is often a chain of suppliers and resellers.
Someone, somewhere, is not getting the service they think they're paying for in respect of platform hosting.
Basil the 1955 series II

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

So a few of us experienced problems earlier this evening for an hour or so.
I kept getting a 500 error every time I tried to respond to this post viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72521#p658063
Seems my responses were getting through, just not appearing. :roll:

Mike responded twice to this, spaced over 2 hours: : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72298&p=658072#p658056

While Andy was having problems here (along with Mike) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72511&p=658092#p658089

Seems it came back a bit faster this time.....
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Mike responded twice to this, spaced over 2 hours:
Sorry about that, I got the error message the first time and thought it hadn't accepted / had lost my post, as it didn't appear.
Hence I later sent a second one, similar to the first and now both are showing.................. :roll:
It won't let me delete one but if Admin can then it would make more sense.........
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

jagnut66 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:26 pm
Mike responded twice to this, spaced over 2 hours:
Sorry about that, I got the error message the first time and thought it hadn't accepted / had lost my post, as it didn't appear.
Hence I later sent a second one, similar to the first and now both are showing.................. :roll:
It won't let me delete one but if Admin can then it would make more sense.........
Best wishes,
Mike.
I found I could still Edit, so edited down to a single comment in the duplicates. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72521#p658067
Basil the 1955 series II