Glove box clock

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Glove box clock

Post by ian.mcdougall »

Hi all
Does anyone have or can get a picture of the rear of the clock fitted to the glove box lid, showing clamps and how long the hands adjuster is ,also where the regulator is .does the clock have illumination.I am converting a morris Oxford clock and want to be fairly accurate with the look inside the lid.
Thanks Ian

manlyvaleaussie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Glove box clock

Post by manlyvaleaussie »

Ian,
I hope the attached photos will help, the very small hole in the back is where the adjustment screw is situated and the wording is: Turn clockwise if gaining & vice versa. Setting hands starts clock. There is no provision for a globe to illuminate the clock, but there is clear plastic or whatever material over the outer body slot, so I guess you can only see it during the day light hours. let me know if I help in any other way.

Paul Follett manlyvaleaussie
Attachments
DSC00610.JPG
DSC00610.JPG (127.59 KiB) Viewed 942 times
DSC00609.JPG
DSC00609.JPG (110.47 KiB) Viewed 942 times
DSC00608.JPG
DSC00608.JPG (140.5 KiB) Viewed 942 times
DSC00607.JPG
DSC00607.JPG (125.39 KiB) Viewed 942 times
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Post by ian.mcdougall »

Hi Paul
Thanks for the pictures ,very helpful . On the Morris Oxford style clock the regulator is worked at the side of the casing from the front with a bracket that can be removed altering the regulation, I can remove this bracket and still regulate from the side through a slot . The hands adjuster is longer and I can shorten that , the fixing bracket I can make myself . The bezel can be replaced for a correct style . I will put up photos of before and after when the conversion is complete as information for any one else .
Regards Ian

JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

The MO clock is illuminated by several panel lamps shining through slots in the clock casing for the purpose of admitting light. The MO clock sat in the instrument panel along with all the other instruments which were illuminated in the same manner. So there is no provision to fit a bulb to the clock - this would have to be fitted externally and separate.