Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
myminor1969
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: EBAY SCAMMER AT IT YET AGAIN 20/3/21

Post by myminor1969 »

Yet again take listings have appeared. Obviously the same person as a lot of the same pics have appeared with obscure prices. Have reported a few of them.

COMMANDER
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: EBAY SCAMMER AT IT AGAIN

Post by COMMANDER »

They are at it again today. I've reported a few. The 1949 lowlight which "sleeper" bid £52,600 for in March 2020 is there again. It's only £2318 at the moment.
Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

Every time these scumbags come on eBay with these ridiculous and obvious scams, I'm tempted (just for a laugh) to go along with it and either make an offer or ask to see the vehicle/boat/motor-bike or whatever it is.

I remember 'sleeper' making that, in my opinion, rather too generous bid :D but has anyone gone along with the pretence of making a realistic offer and wanting to see the item? Would there be any danger, say, on my part, if I exercised the mischievous part of my brain?

Alan
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Well these scammers are always Mobile Phone contact only, so you'd have to hide your number as a minimum or they'd most likely play merry hell with your phone account in revenge.
Basil the 1955 series II

Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

Well these scammers are always Mobile Phone contact only, so you'd have to hide your number as a minimum or they'd most likely play merry hell with your phone account in revenge.
Good point. A few weeks ago, I gave one of my regular landline callers (Amazon Prime or HMRC or some such other) a piece of my mind - none of which is repeatable here :oops: - and for the rest of the day we were plagued, every few minutes, with their calls, all with different mobile numbers!

I think I'll pass on my idea then........and just seethe inside.

With such obvious and public scams, I still don't understand why undercover police or other agencies don't carry out 'sting' operations and try and shut them down.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

All they are after is obtaining your email address and then sell it on to companies selling goods conning scumbags :evil: >When you report it to Ebay they do nothing surely the police should do something about putting someones car up for sale Illegaly
COMMANDER
Minor Fan

Post by COMMANDER »

They are at it again today. As usual I have repored a few. Their wording inthe second pic has changed though. It makes strange reading in that it doesn't make sense.
car fraud.jpg
car fraud.jpg (77.67 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
Attachments
2021-04-16.png
2021-04-16.png (588.37 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

They've taken them down already.
That's within an hour.
I saw from your screen shot that it was an 'Austin Big 7', I did a search and one came up looking likely, as a New Listing, so I clicked on it and it's Page Not Found.
Basil the 1955 series II