Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Bracing bar for heater

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I noticed that there was a tag with a hole in it on the bottom of my heater, which may be for it to be fixed to something but which was not in use on mine.
When I refitted my heater today I noticed that it moved backwards and forwards and could do with bracing, so having a bit of threaded bar to hand I came up with the below.
It is now nice and stable. :D
Best wishes,
Mike.
Threaded bracing bar.JPG
Threaded bracing bar.JPG (789.45 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Re: Bracing bar for heater

Post by Sleeper »

If you re-fitted your parcel shelf you would not only gain a parcel shalf but heater brace....

John ;-)
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

John is right - you can see how it fits in the third picture, 10 posts down in this thread: https://www.morrisminorspares.com/misce ... nt-p831127
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

John is right - you can see how it fits in the third picture, 10 posts down in this thread:
Hi,
For some reason your attachment takes me straight to the ESM site, rather than another post??

I will be refitting the shelf that was in it eventually, it would get in the way whilst I'm still working in there. It's not the original anyway, it was created by the previous owner, though is pretty much the same as the original, I think........
However I prefer to not to tie it into that bar, I like it independently mounted. Although I will look to see how it fits out of curiosity.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Thanks.
Best wishes,
Mike.