West London sprayer

Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
llanallgo1
MMOC Member: No

West London sprayer

Post by llanallgo1 »

So, I am a rare, if ever, poster to this site. My 4 door 1955 is ready for paint. Everything has been welded and is solid ..ok almost like new.
Silly amount of time spent. BUT now she sits in my garage as a rolling unit with the underside, innerwings, and engine bay all done but the body in primer and some surface filler. There is not a bit of chromework or rubber inside or out on the lady - everything's in boxes.
I am ready to sell it as it is OR find a reasonable sprayer in this area..or not too far away. Spraying is NOT my skill and my local hero paintshop who did all my Triumphs has gone to the great god developer. In fact it seems every underarch, shed, backstreet artisan has gone to make way for the great god developer for yet more luxury flats....grrr
So, I need an reasonably priced artisan/hobbyist/good person to do the work for me or any steer as to where I can send her to be done which doesn't need me to re-mortgage the house... Oh, I'm in Isleworth (TW7) if a local is keen to take a look-see. D
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: West London sprayer

Post by SteveClem »

I guess London will be more expensive, but up here a decent respray will be north of £2k.
llanallgo1

Post by llanallgo1 »

Anything from 7 grand to teeth sucking and one guy said 'have you not got a real classic to paint'!
D
llanallgo1

Post by llanallgo1 »

Anything from 7 grand to teeth sucking and one guy said 'have you not got a real classic to paint'!
D
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Give these people a ring http://www.chertseyminors.co.uk/ - you'll get a sensible response and a better idea of respray costs in this area, which should help towards your final decision.
dudload
Minor Fan

Post by dudload »

Second Chertsey minors, they did my new wings and colour match was spot on
llanallgo1

Post by llanallgo1 »

Great advice - thank you gents!
DF