Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Copied from "Minor Matters Mag Nov/Dec 2018"

Post by geoberni »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69387#p631269
Mike tried to split the above Topic, but ran into some problems and lost some posts. As it happens, I still had my Browser open on the tab, so have been able to screenshot the posts that were lost....
MMOC10.JPG
MMOC10.JPG (39.73 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
MMOC11.JPG
MMOC11.JPG (20.33 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
MMOC 12.JPG
MMOC 12.JPG (38.14 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
At which Point, I added the following.....
Mike
I realise this is off topic from the OP, but it's part of the wider discussion about club priorities. I realise organising a change of magazine wrapper was far easier than getting a new Forum working....

It may be my imagination, or it may just be a seasonal/cyclic trough in activity, but I get the impression that there are fewer people using the forum than there were some 18 months or so ago when I first joined.
There could be a lot of reasons for it, but one of them could easily be frustration with the numerous problems that crop up.

What worries me is if the MMOC has a 3rd party provider operating and 'supporting' a forum which to all intent and purposes seems to be hanging on to life by the efforts of the Trauma Team rather than going into Rehab, what else about the MMOC IT systems is also below par?

All very well sending out GDPR forms earlier in the year, but for example, just how protected are the membership records?

I realise there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes (or is there) and I don't have a great knowledge of phpBB matters, but as a user of the forums I get really frustrated with all the random issues, as I know you do.

But now I'll shut up about it for a while.
So, that's restored the comments, and like I said, I'll just shut up now. I don't wish to ruffle any feathers, as I'm sure the Committee do a lot of great work behind the scenes.
Basil the 1955 series II

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Copied from "Minor Matters Mag Nov/Dec 2018"

Post by Admin »

Excellent, many thanks geoberni.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster