Because we don't use it any more.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Why is the members only area not working

Post by irmscher »

I gathered that :roll: .It was the only private part of the site non paying members cannot look at and discuss things.What was the reason for discontinuing it and shouldn't members be consulted
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Nope, sorry. I only have modest amounts of time to donate to the club and I'm not wasting it dancing to the tune of some random unidentified username. Move on.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I only asked a simple question and as for random unidentified !!.I have been a member for years and my late stepfather for 26 years and have the badge to prove it .I am not asking you to do anything special for me only a simple reply but will ask the question at next years National as I realise that you haven't the time .I was expecting a reply of one of the moderators to see if they knew .
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. My username is 'Admin', for obvious reasons, but my 'signature line' tells you who I am. On a rally field I'll sometimes have my name badge if I haven't lost it, and I'll often have a shirt with my name on it (a throwback to shirts being literally auctioned off my back at previous events), but even without those things, I'm the big bloke with the big hat.

'Irmscher', on the other hand, isn't a member of the MMOC. The person who uses the username Irmscher might well be, but I can categorically confirm that 'Irmscher' is not.

On the offchance that whoever is behind the username Irmscher is indeed a MMOC member: I expected that the reason for the members only bit of the messageboard being discontinued was transparent enough, but since that obviously isn't the case, it was closed because it no longer served any real purpose. There was a 'general' forum in that section, but the only distinction between that general forum and the general forum in the 'main' area of the board was that non-members of the MMOC could see one but not the other, which didn't really make a lot of sense and often led to the same threads being posted in BOTH versions, and people not knowing where to post their content. The other :oops: :P 'contentious' :oops: :cry: forum in there was the 'Questions for the committee' one, which regularly turned into a flame pit when people asked questions and nobody answered. I'm not getting into a conversation about why that is - you are at liberty to send in complaints that your committee members don't answer you, and I might even have some sympathy with that viewpoint, but it is not for me to try and force committee members to answer questions. For my part, I try to answer within a few days, and I'm fairly confident that I've always managed that. But questions about areas other than mine would usually fall on deaf ears, and people would - perhaps rightly - get mightily hacked off about that and post accordingly, which would then come to my attention and I'd have to warn them accordingly. Given that answers were not forthcoming then, it seemed sensible for me to remove it.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Thank you for your reply mike and I now understand. I have written in but I haven’t had a reply I also mentioned a new website that was promised.
Kind regards Lee wild