Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Unable to post photos again

Post by palacebear »

A couple of attempts made to post a pic this morning in 'Spotted Today'. First attempt successful only for the pic to disappear just leaving the file name showing. Attempted to re-post. No pic. Just file name.

Also noted a number of other pics posted by different users this morning have gone the same way!
1956 4-door called Max
palacebear
Minor Legend

Re: Unable to post photos again

Post by palacebear »

Missing photos have re-appeared. Dare I say 'panic over' or is that being too pre-emptive!
1956 4-door called Max
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

No, it's refusing to post JPEG/JPG images for me this afternoon!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Basil the 1955 series II

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Concur. My photo posts (and others) which were visible, then disappeared, then re-appeared have now DISAPPEARED AGAIN !!!! :evil:
1956 4-door called Max
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

I haven't been able to attach photos for months now. It used to be perfectly simple. There has been no explanation as to why this is. I understand that Mike has done his best but has inherited these problems which seem to be outside of his control. In so many cases, being able to add a photo makes a thread SO much more useful and worthwhile.........
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

IMAGE TEST

Taken at the wedding of the new MMOC Chairman last weekend. A lovely couple and a lovely car :D
wedding_opt.jpg
wedding_opt.jpg (341.55 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Hmmm, my image above seems to upload okay. At extreme risk of flogging dead horses, could I ask you both (geo and palace) to try again, and if your upload fails then email it to me at admin@... along with any error messages etc that you might get, and I'll see what I can track down.

Just for your info, my mind's made up and we will be transitioning to a fresh new message board, but to some degree that actually increases rather than decreases the issues - we've then got to maintain two installations of a board rather than one, and it's still just as important that we have access to images posted on the 'old' installation.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Mike - just a brief update. The missing images all seem to have re-appeared again. I had a glance at the forum yesterday mid-evening at which time the images were missing. At a later glance, around 11pm they had returned and are still visible this morning. I'm going to attach the image I had problems with to this post. If it works it works; if it doesn't ... at least I know it's not something I've done wrong! :lol:
20180716_122604.jpg
20180716_122604.jpg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 3186 times
1956 4-door called Max
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I confirm what Palacebear is writing, I have seen exactly the same symptoms; so either it is an intermittent problem or someone has fixed something.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Well I was trying to post this clip from the manual with regards to the question Topic about drivers seat and larger frame persons.......
Seat.JPG
Seat.JPG (251.23 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
which is now miraculously appearing again.....
Basil the 1955 series II