Fiat 132 Starter Motor

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mmsparebits
MMOC Member: Yes

Fiat 132 Starter Motor

Post by mmsparebits »

Hi all,
I have a traveller fitted with a Fiat 132 engine:
I have a couple of problems with my starter motor, (the one fitted is a Ducellier and these are the numbers on it D12V, 534028A, 683101).
Basically: 2 of the armature windings have come apart, one broken off, I don't know if it can be fixed.
The next problem is I have a 1756cc fiat 132 B1.000 engine, this is a bit unique in Britain as I cant find a starter motor to replace it or to refurbish it. I have tried lots of websites but no joy, so far.
I understand that the fiat E 100 1.3/12 or the Bosch GF12 1.1PS, both pre-engaged starters will also fit (Haynes Manual), but cant find any of those either.
Can anyone tell me if they have one or know of one for sale?, where else to try for new one or to refurbish my existing one? or what other type of starter will fit?. Perhaps even one with a decent armature that I could perhaps rebuild to make one that works from 2 old ones?
regards
Robert
fixwheelmad
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Fiat 132 Starter Motor

Post by fixwheelmad »

ill look this weekend, almost certain i have a complete 1800 and gearbox, ill take some images and post on here, hope that helps