1600 xflow again... Fitting issues?!

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
EYV65
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

1600 xflow again... Fitting issues?!

Post by EYV65 »

I know the 1600 Crossflow has been a topic of conversation for a long time and there are various posts referring to it, but i havent seen a lot of images of how to get this engine to fit other than this person (viewtopic.php?t=61524 ) which gives a good indication of engine brackets.

Im having an issue trying to fit my xflow in, the sump is hitting the front cross member.... is this just me, am i being blonde and not putting it in at the correct angle or is there some modification needed?

Any help also greatly received
Moggie Mad
1965 Original Pickup
1965 Pickup (Originally a Van)
1959 Van
1970 Van
1956 2 Door
1961 4 Door
1951 2 Door
twincamman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: 1600 xflow again... Fitting issues?!

Post by twincamman »

Does your engine have a front bowl sump or a rear bowl sump? It is possible to get an X-flow in there without major mods. There was a how-to in PPC mag a couple of years ago. The main clearance problem is the oil filter clashing with the chassis leg, so a remote filter should solve that. I reckon with a rear bowl sump, you could raise the engine enough to miss the front crossmember, though you'll have to cut a slot in the bellhousing to clear the steering rack.