Stolen Morris van - Persian blue - signwritten

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
graham1957
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Stolen Morris van - Persian blue - signwritten

Post by graham1957 »

February 20 at 9:49pm ·
PLEASE HELP AND SHARE. On Sunday 19th Feb 2017 my Dad's beloved Morris 1000 van was stolen from his home in Shurdington, Cheltenham. And?... I hear you say... well this was no ordinary van. It was my Dad's trusty steed while he ran his business for over 50 years servicing lawn mowers in Gloucestershire. It ferried me and my brother and sister to scouts, guides, swimming and school. I learned to drive in it, I learned to smile in it. This van has been in my Dad's life as long as I have. We need to get it back! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

If you have seen our van, please call the police on 101 quoting incident number 166 of February 20 or call 01242 423108.

The van's registration number is RRD 790H, is turquoise blue and has 'R D Haidon Horticultural Engineer' written on its sides and rear doors. Colour believed to be Persian Blue. This is not my van, it was posted to me on Facebook.
[sig]8872[/sig]
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Re: Stolen Morris van - Persian blue - signwritten

Post by POMMReg »

Did the owner log down its cab & engine number?

If the chassis, cab & engine number is recorded as "ST" on my database - and it later appears under a new ID - the original ID will be picked up.

I DO try, but sadly, my advice falls on deaf ears UNTIL the vehicle HAS been stolen, by which time it's too late!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
graham1957
Minor Fan

Post by graham1957 »

hi pommreg, i dont know the owner, never met him but the info came through some how on my wifes facebook page so we thought it be a good idea to copy and paist to mmoc web site. as i dread someone getting away with any of my cars i cant imagine what the owner is feeling like so i feel i have done all i can to help find it, hope it turns up and the perpetrators punished, graham
[sig]8872[/sig]
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Perpetrators accidently "fall down the stairs" several times at the Police Stn!

Ignore the fact there is NOT an upstairs!!
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

You'd think the threat of a good slap on the wrist would stop vehicle theft. Can't think what else can be done.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote:You'd think the threat of a good slap on the wrist would stop vehicle theft. Can't think what else can be done.
Few nights with Winston Gaylord Cadogo and his HUGE (Ahem!) would sort them out!!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

The taxpayer would no doubt pay for the Zimmer frame then required. :-?

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Adele album on a loop would do...

Now have VIN & idea of cab number range!
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Seems to be the more they are worth the more desirable they become to thieves :evil: .Looking at our local papers all thieves get is a suspended sentence and a telling off or counselling .I would make them litter pick and sweep the roads local to them with pink overalls on so everyone can identify them :lol:
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

any news on this missing van?
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

irmscher wrote:Seems to be the more they are worth the more desirable they become to thieves :evil: .Looking at our local papers all thieves get is a suspended sentence and a telling off or counselling .I would make them litter pick and sweep the roads local to them with pink overalls on so everyone can identify them :lol:
NO, in the same one story building (without windows) that anyone who's cruel to animals goes in!!
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

LCVs with duff identities - but retaining original cab numbers - continue to turn up.

So, PLEASE make a note of this number just in case, any idiot can change a chassis plate, make sure it ain't YOURS!!
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Think I MAY have found this van, contacted the local Police, absolutely ZERO interest...

Actually TWO dodgy LCVs for sale recently...
StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

Hi Chris, that doesn’t surprise me, perhaps if the real owner was to view it as a buyer to confirm it was the stolen van and then contact the police, they might take an interest if you’re lucky.

Going off topic but shows what you’re up against.
Back in 2015 I had letters addressed to my house for someone called Ricky to attend court over a driving offence.
I phoned the non-emergency police number thinking it’s an offence to give false details or failing to update his driving licence, but they told me to contact the court, the court told me not to worry about it as the police must have the correct details.
Next I got a letter from the DVLA for Ricky giving details of his driving ban for drink driving.
This time I phoned the DVLA saying I don’t know this person and doesn’t live here, again they couldn’t do anything as I’m not Ricky so I can’t update his details, that is for him to do.
I also Emailed the DVLA, again no help.
Anyhow earlier this year all the forms came through to get his licence back, so hopefully that is the end of my correspondence for Ricky.

Great to hear from you Chris
Regards John
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

the Police are useless :evil:
my daughter recently has had some serious grief from an ex.,and i won't post any details on how useless the Police have been on that case :evil: :evil: but..i was checking up outside her house very early one morning a few weeks ago,and her next door neighbours burglar alarm was flashing.i rang 999,explaining the situation,and that it was a bling gentleman who lived there.the response was..'we don't attend burglar alarms'. :(
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

There were actually TWO possible candidates for RRD 790H, BOTH in the midlands & BOTH had received recent resprays....but as the son of the owner never replied to my email, nor the police seemed that fussed, didn't persue it!

Seems a bit strange to me...certainly strange that one minute their worlds torn apart by their beloved van going awol, the next, complete silence?

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it?