Mulli's 4 door saloon brave restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Mulli's 4 door saloon brave restoration

Post by BrianHawley »

Steady progress is what it's all about.

Looking great.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

Thanks Brian, slow and steady for sure, if I can squeeze in a few hours a week im happy with that..
Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

Blimey, where did 3 an alf years dissapear! Its still sat in the garage awaiting resurection. Can anybody see my pics still? Hoping to make s restart this project over the coming winter... :roll:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Hello Mulli
Your pics are still here, but they are watermarked with Photobucket.
Which is better than for people who used other image sharing sites which stopped free hosting completely.

I recommend uploading any further images direct to here, rather than placing your trust 3rd party sites. :(

A ward of caution though..
You have to be aware though that this site is creaking at the seams with old age and sometimes it has a breakdown and refuses to accept images for a while, before suddenly getting better. :roll:

See here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=72183&hilit=image+uploads

But at least it always comes back and the uploaded images are always recoverable, unlike with the 3rd party hosting. :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

Thank You. Its a shame the image hosting sites messed up a lot of good threads on many a web forum. I will have the old images so will see if theres a way to edit my old posts. Will start again posting directly to here. Thanks
Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

So I cleared a bit of space around the old morris and found the repair panel. Just trying to remember how it all fits together!

I think the outer sill (B) bit spot welded to the boxing plate (A), then the outer floor repairs (C) spot welded & seam welded to the new floor and outer sill maybe. Its a big jigsaw!

The rear floor edge repair (D) needs to be cut down first and seam welded to new floor and spit welded to the outer sill.

Its confusing! Before anything need to clean all panels up get some proper primer on and re-work all edges.

I will prob tack in first 1) Boxing panel 2) Inner front wing to boxing panel repair 3) Half floor minus cross member spots 4) Rear wing/spring hangers - if it all fits, with doors, wings etc then fully weld & roll it over for tricky underfloor parts

Hope my pics upload ok...
Attachments
20201006_193037.jpg
20201006_193037.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2415 times
20201006_193151_001.jpg
20201006_193151_001.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 2415 times
20201006_192927.jpg
20201006_192927.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2416 times
20201006_192856.jpg
20201006_192856.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2416 times
20201006_192842.jpg
20201006_192842.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 2416 times
Last edited by Mulli on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Mulli wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:30 am Thank You. Its a shame the image hosting sites messed up a lot of good threads on many a web forum. I will have the old images so will see if theres a way to edit my old posts. Will start again posting directly to here. Thanks
You can't edit the old posts. If you contact Mike the Admin, he might be able to help you.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Basil the 1955 series II

Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

geoberni wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 am
Mulli wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:30 am Thank You. Its a shame the image hosting sites messed up a lot of good threads on many a web forum. I will have the old images so will see if theres a way to edit my old posts. Will start again posting directly to here. Thanks
You can't edit the old posts. If you contact Mike the Admin, he might be able to help you.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Thanks again, I'll dig my old laptop out and make sure I still have the pics then ask Mike - as you can see theres been no progress from the old in 3 years so not a disaster with pics. I'd be gutted if it was a full resto thread!
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by panky »

I've just done this repair. The boxing plate doesn't overlap the outer sill it sits on the inner under sill sections and the outer sill is welded to them

Not very clear but the outer sill is plug welded from underneath

Hope this helps
Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

Ah ok thanks,trying to get used to the terminology. so I think the lower panels just want moving outwards about 10ish mm,so in my Pic A spot welds to C not B
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by panky »

That sounds right. If the assembly is too far in then the kick plate and sill finisher won't line up with the edge of the outer sill. I did measure from the boxing panel to the outer edge of the outer sill a couple of inches in from the A and B posts and it was 3"

I wrote it in top of the floor edge before I chopped all the old stuff out, you can just see it in this picture

Mulli
Minor Friendly

Post by Mulli »

Well another 3 years passed by...life ey...

I've not given up on this project and quickly building a collection of parts. Its trapped in my garage awaiting progress. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I now realise I went about this project all the wrong way...now struggling to get it all back together...but things can only get better...hopefully!

Updates soon!