Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
FourBanger
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: MMOC National Rally 2017

Post by FourBanger »

Cam wrote:Hi all,

Just to be clear, you are all MORE than welcome to turn up on the day. It's £15 per car but if you are camping that's extra of course.

Hopefully all from the south who wanted the rally in the south will show up in force to prove that it's worthwhile having the rally this far south.

Oh and there is no boycott either! We are having the rally in the south this time as it has been requested several times but we will be able to see after this event if it's financially viable for the future and how many actually turn up so come along and make the numbers up. :D :D
Im going to test run the hell out my car the next few days, see if she is fit enough to make the journey.
Cameron, keep an eye out on the M6 for an steaming 67 engine bay! :lol:
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by woodiesenfrance »

Sadly we won't be coming up from SW France, but not because it's too far - 'eck, we popped up to the MOT near St Malo for a couple of days, and had to take a long way round via west of Bordeaux due to guide dog training duties. We simply can't be away from our business on summer weekends.

The choice of site for a National has always been criticised as too far/north/south/east/west and for umpteen other reasons too, usually the criticisms come from those who wouldn't ever bother to lend a hand to run the event, or would drive a modern car to it.
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

I shall be there. It's the first one I've been to after only getting my car last August. Will be there for both days. Well I ought to really as I only live 5 miles away.
Attachments
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG (3.88 MiB) Viewed 17232 times
[img]jpg[/img]
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I won't be going. It's too long a journey for Max to attempt with his feeble gearbox. Ironically, I used to live about 20 miles from Tulleys Farm but I moved to Worcestershire last September :roll:
1956 4-door called Max
hobnoxious
Minor Friendly

Post by hobnoxious »

Lots of mention of "just turn up on the day" - but which day?
OK I know it's 24/25 June i.e. this coming weekend, but if I was to choose ONE day, which is likely to be the best attended and with the most trade stands, visitors and activities?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

If you want entertaining, probably Sunday.

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I don't know what's on the programme but usually the same arena activities are on both days, although the judging/trophy awarding is on the Sunday. The AGM is on the Saturday and usually the traders attend both days as most travel some distance to get there. If you like to have a rummage in the autojumble Saturday is best as there is a members 'car boot sale' area, and if there are any bargains/offers to be had on the trade stands they might be gone on Sunday. Going by previous years there usually seems to be a few more Minors there on a Sunday though. Just checked the weather and both days are currently looking dry, with Saturday the sunnier day.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
lukedauvergne
Minor Fan

Post by lukedauvergne »

Hi guys
Completely dropped the ball on sending my form in on time. Will i be able to just show up on saturday and get in? Will i need to bring a form with me?
Really looking forward to this my first ralley after 14years of ownership! Cant wait to see what i have been missing
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Just turn up, you'll get in.
I'm wondering myself if there is a site plan anywhere, showing the layout, anyone?

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

The plan will be in the rally programme, issued to attendees on arrival. Depending on how laying out the site goes will dictate how accurately the plan reflects reality :wink:
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

Hi guys sorry we won't be at this years national
Very disappointed as this would have been
14 years in a row . But it's just too far .
Anyway have a great weekend think you're in for a sun fest weekend and there's no excuse for not having a good turnout
See you all next year !
The Scottish branch. ......

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

After months of inaction I was please when I turned the key on the van and it sprung into life on Wednesday, even the battery held up. Running great until late today when under hard pulling I felt a hesitation and slight missing. So back in the garage it went! I just can't be asked to mess around at this late stage, so modern vehicle it is for the national :( I use the word modern, loosely, :D-------shame really as I doubt I'll see another national this end of the country any time soon.

Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

Get it there Les,or your sacked. Ed.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I was all set and packed Ed but the drive is no fun if you're waiting for something to happen, especially after getting a warning. It's my own fault, should have given it a shake down a lot earlier. :(

dudford
Minor Friendly

Post by dudford »

Surely you'll be in the best place in the most ideal company if something goes wrong? If you manage to limp there and need any help my old man has a 4 post ramp 400m down the road from Tulleys, just be sure to bring your whitworths and a quid for his garage honesty box :wink:

PS: glad it's not been boycotted!!!
Dudders
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Kind offer, thanks for that but I doubt I'll want to spoil the day by not being able to rely on getting there. It can't be much but it's too late in the day.

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

wimp!
Get out there under the bonnet and fix it.
We've even changed a head overnight in the Happy Eater car park near Charing on the way to an overseas trip.... the one to Switzerland in 1985. No, we didn't have a spare head with us, but we had the phone numbers of everyone going so woke someone up in Sussex whom we thought would have one lying around. We made it, the trip was great and he got his head back later in the year.

Or at least cadge a lift in someone's else's Minor, anything other than a modern motor, that's just so not in the spirit of Minor motoring.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Been there, done it, got the tee shirt!
I chill out more now. :D

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

I despair ! Where is the MMOC going?
One might as well go to a village fete or a stately home or farm park any weekend once Minors are no longer important.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I'm surprised the absence of my van is such a big deal! Don't blame the Mmoc for my decision. It's nice to attend in a Minor but it's not the be all and end all ! :o