1968 Police Morris Minor

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Clayton James
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: 1968 Police Morris Minor

Post by Clayton James »

I can see progress on every update. I am excited to see how you will bring life to this classic car.
kevin s
Minor Legend

Post by kevin s »

looking nice, Unfortunately you will find a lot of the pattern parts need a bit of fettling to fit properly.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

cplnobbie wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm Pain In the DONT SWEAR OR YOU WILL BE BANNED to get the front secured, seems the nuts that came with kit will not do up even tried a new kit same thing, ended up having to use cutting paste and tighten then slacken and take some metal off the pin.
Are you sure you had the right nuts? Originally Minors had a course thread (BSF) on the rear pins and a fine thread (UNF) on those front pins. Confusing - and easy to muddle up :wink:
cplnobbie
Minor Fan

Post by cplnobbie »

ManyMinors wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:58 am
cplnobbie wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm Pain In the DONT SWEAR OR YOU WILL BE BANNED to get the front secured, seems the nuts that came with kit will not do up even tried a new kit same thing, ended up having to use cutting paste and tighten then slacken and take some metal off the pin.
Are you sure you had the right nuts? Originally Minors had a course thread (BSF) on the rear pins and a fine thread (UNF) on those front pins. Confusing - and easy to muddle up :wink:

YES I'M SURE I HAD THE RIGHT NUTS AS IT CAME AS A KIT AND I HAD 3 KITS IN THE END AND ALL THE SAME
cplnobbie
Minor Fan

Post by cplnobbie »

Right back on this car now, shame not a local morris person near by to help with wiring this baby.
cplnobbie
Minor Fan

Post by cplnobbie »

Still on this as and when I can find funds to get new parts, so much missing from when it went off for welding and still needs more welding as it never got done, and the paint job that was also done is now flaking off