My new Morris Minor project

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SGHarris

My new Morris Minor project

Post by SGHarris »

Hey all new to the forum, not so much a restoration but here's my 1964 Morris Minor 1098, she's a very clean motor and I brought her for £1700 3 weeks ago, I plan on replicating a historic racer. Currently I'm having the steel wheels power coated almond green same as the car, and having a half roll cage made up also painted in green to make her look cool for the summer, during the winter I am planning a 1275 on webers, I hope you all like and look forward to check some of your Morris Minors out :) :)[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: My new Morris Minor project

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Be Careful with the roll cage, I've heard insurance companies need to be notified and I hope you have a spare £500 for your 1275 engine !! Sounds like a cool project - what number are you having painted on the doors ??

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
SGHarris

Post by SGHarris »

Thanks, the insurance isn't an issue it will be declared, I can't believe how much the 1275 complete engines cost to buy now, I'm also considering a cross flow conversion. I will probably just have a white circle either side on the doors, cheers
tysonn
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by tysonn »

Probably more custom and modified than restoration.
Mick
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Lovely car :)