SJM Morris Minors of Dronfield??

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mattinhertford
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

SJM Morris Minors of Dronfield??

Post by mattinhertford »

Hi all,

Anyone used these guys for work on their Moggy? He advertises on Ebay, service and repairs on Moggies, been doing them for years. I've just got a quote from him which is incredibly reasonable (compared to the London type prices I'm exposed to...being in Hertford just North of London).

Any opinions greatly received.

Thanks

Matt
Morris no.1 - a "learning new skills" project

irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: SJM Morris Minors of Dronfield??

Post by irmscher »

Be very careful as what turns out to be a modest quote can spiral
Key-Shawn Johnson

Post by Key-Shawn Johnson »

Simon is a great mechanic, honest and fairly priced and with integrity. Yes, from my experience, he offers excellent value for money- a far cry from my recollection of some of the mechanics I have experienced in Southern England (I recall facing a £900 bill for the labour for removal of a seized nut from one such establishment in the South. I can't imagine being billed anywhere that much by SJM in his Northern stronghold). I've been a customer for 10 years and will continue to be.
Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

When I picked my car up recently from Simon, having had quite a bit of work done and with only a text message of what 'the damage' (i.e. to my finance) would be, the first thing I said was that he needs to have a look at his prices. The relief on his face was palpable when I said that he needs to put them up a bit! :)

No complaints from me about the quality of the service either.