Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
princess090967
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Torsion bar adjustement

Post by princess090967 »

Dear sirs thanks in advance for your replies. Next week I have to adjust torsion bar of around two splines because my car is 56 cm. from the ground and not 66 cm. as well described in a previous topic by some Minor owners.
So please, could I know step by step what I must do? Then in what direction I must turn the torsion bar? In the end could I have a copy of the section K of the workshop manual?

Thanks again, Max
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: Torsion bar adjustement

Post by bmcecosse »

Read the Manual! You don't turn the T bar - you simply move the rear part of the front suspension lower arm DOWN by one or two splines. Your car must be VERY low if it is 100mm (4 inches) down - are you sure it's THAT low? That would be 3 splines if correct! If the suspension has not been dismantled recently - give all the nuts/bolts involved a good rub with a wire brush - and a thorough soaking with penetrating oil (that's not WD40)........ If you use the 'search' facility here - the complete raising/lowering method has been listed many times - but the Manual does say it all......
ImageImage
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Re: Torsion bar adjustement

Post by mike.perry »

Each spline adjusts the height by 1.5in / 3.8cm
Safety is of vital importance. You must support the front corners of the chassis on axle stands and the end of the suspension arm on a pillar jack to take the load off the torsion bar
[sig]3580[/sig]