Historic Rally Minor (what’s it worth)

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Rogerv
MMOC Member: No

Historic Rally Minor (what’s it worth)

Post by Rogerv »

Hi Guys, thought you guys mght be able to help or give some sugestions on what this may be worth?

cheers

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46180
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Re: Historic Rally Minor (what’s it worth)

Post by chrisryder »

Presumably it's road legal? You say you've not used it recently, so does that mean no current tax or mot?

It could be worth adding up (if you dare) the sum of its parts, just to see what it owes you. It might not be indicative of its market value, but knowing what you'd make or lose on it could help sway your decision to sell or keep!
Rogerv

Post by Rogerv »

Hi, yes all road legal and current tax (well free tax) and Mot'd. It has always been kept mot'd and taxed and is all in perfect running condition ready to go.

I simply haven’t got the time or money to use it for any competition etc so it only gets played in on the odd weekend, its one of those things where I walk past it every day in the garage and then one thing or another means i don’t get out in it and it pains me not to use it.

I’m in the process of adding up all items, i have a figure in mind of what i think it is worth but trying to gauge an idea like you rightly say of its market value

cheers
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

With that engine... £1000 - £1500 maybe ?
ImageImage
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

bmcecosse wrote:With that engine... £1000 - £1500 maybe ?
It must be worth more than that surely. The roll cage alone could be nearly that much!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Depends...for some rallying the roll cage/seats/belts have a time limit...... and not everyone will want these fittings on the car, and those who do - may not be able to get insurance for the car as it stands with these 'performance' parts fitted. The only way to find the value is to put it up for auction!
ImageImage
Rogerv

Post by Rogerv »

[quote?]With that engine... £1000 - £1500 maybe [/quote]

Thanks for your thoughts on value, i would however argue that although im not sure of its true value (hence the question) that it is indeed worth more that this. Like you say it all depends on what form of rallying and obviously relies on somebody wanting a car for this purpose and with the listed or similar modifications.

For historic road rallying the car is all current and ready to be used.

For the said value above, the car could easily have the modifications removed and sold for a much higher value by themselves and then the car sold in a standard state again for further more.
Edward92
Minor Friendly

Post by Edward92 »

Like you said, you might be better off selling the modified bits separately and putting the car back to it's original form as it looks like a good solid shell