Morris minor Trafalgar blue 2 door saloon in Doncaster

Found a Minor in a scrapyard? Let us all know about it and exactly where it can be found.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
simona1
Minor Fan
Location: Chairman West Yorkshire MMOC, Ossett, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris minor Trafalgar blue 2 door saloon in Doncaster

Post by simona1 »

Scrap yard in Doncaster has a 4 door saloon for sale with a good 1098 engine running.

warweezil
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris minor Trafalgar blue 2 door saloon in Doncaster

Post by warweezil »

aran wrote:FYI it wouldn't need re registering, as far as I'm aware DVLA hold vehicle details for two years after a vehicle has been 'scrapped' just in case anyone wants to put a 'scrapped' vehicle back on the road! I bought a moggy that had been partially stripped from a scrap yard earlier this year and had to apply for the log book after it had been sent off. It cost the usual £25.
Just to clear up a few points here - If a car has been been issued with a Certificate of Destruction under the ELV regulations then it is usually beyond redemption, so I am assuming that in your case the car was not been dealt with in this way by the yard that sold it to you.

I work in the trade - when we get a car for scrap, the details of the vehicle are processed electronically via the DVLA portal which generates a Certificate Of Destruction (COD) for that vehicle, the COD and V5C are retained by us for audit purposes for 12 months, no documentation is sent to the DVLA - the whole process is electronic. We used to make the COD available for the last keeper as they needed that to reclaim unused VED, however with that also moving to electronic only the refund is automatically paid to the last Registered keeper when the system is notified that the car has been processed by us.

Sadly if a car has been processed within the ELV regulations then usually it cannot be salvaged. Once a COD is issued them the registration disappears from the public section of the DVLA portal which will return a "vehicle not found" result to any search by the public, the vehicle is flagged as *Broken Up* on the DVLA system.

An overview of the ELV regs that we work under are HERE
The voices in my head may not be real.... But they have some damn good ideas.