Disabled Minor

MMOC Ex-Government Fleet Minors Register: for those with Military Minors and those that worked for the Government
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
stephh
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Disabled Minor

Post by stephh »

Hello all!

I've been meaning to post for ages, but I believe I am the owner of a disabled minor?

She is trafalgar blue, 1969 (YPE 449G) with the folding/sliding seats and plain door cards. The gear stick seems to be slightly higher than normal also.

I bought her from CW in 2009 and I was genuinely unaware that 'normal' seats didn't fold...

Is there a quick way to check this?
Owner of Martha and Nancy - both ex-gov disabled blue MMs and Bee, a 1960 4 door in smoke grey.
MMOCYM forever. Join us. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/MMOCYM/

PS. I blog sometimes www.idriveaclassic.com
cambridge

Re: Disabled Minor

Post by cambridge »

Hi Stephh,
Thanks for your message. Yes, it certainly seems so. Is there evidence of a fire extinguisher having been fitted? Usually in front of the passenger door under the parcel tray For a pic, see govminors website. Do you know any more details? Could you email me your name, address etc. so I can add you to the register.

Cheers

Gerry.
stephh
Minor Friendly

Post by stephh »

cambridge wrote:Hi Stephh,
Thanks for your message. Yes, it certainly seems so. Is there evidence of a fire extinguisher having been fitted? Usually in front of the passenger door under the parcel tray For a pic, see govminors website. Do you know any more details? Could you email me your name, address etc. so I can add you to the register.

Cheers

Gerry.
Hi Gerry,

Ive just been outside with a torch and it seems I've never noticed before, but there are indeed two holes where a fire extinguisher would have been. How mad, I've noticed before - clearly I'm very observant :wink:

I have no more details, other than the previous owner died after a long illness and her husband wrote to me to tell me that all the info they had on the car had been destroyed when she died. He didn't seem to know anything anyway - although I really want to find out anything possible. Heritage certificate for Christmas?!

Cheers,
Steph
Last edited by bpr81a on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove personal details
Owner of Martha and Nancy - both ex-gov disabled blue MMs and Bee, a 1960 4 door in smoke grey.
MMOCYM forever. Join us. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/MMOCYM/

PS. I blog sometimes www.idriveaclassic.com
JPX877J
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by JPX877J »

Just to slightly hijack this thread, I also believe I have a disability minor.

What is the full spec of a disability minor? I have doorcards, seats & window frames that match the description below (unsure about the stick.) Did they have overriders for example? Also the indicator stalk is on the left?

JPX877J, Traffy blue 2 door, 01/08/1970

alexmcguffie
Minor Fan

Post by alexmcguffie »

I also have one too! I'm the third owner of mine and I believe it was originally supplied by the MOD for a retired war veteran.

Non-standard points are:
folding/sliding seats
MOD fire extinguisher in passenger footwell
Indicator stalk on LHS
No over riders
Plain door cards

Mine also has a rectangular slot in the bottom of the right hand chassis leg which I believe had something to do with a remote clutch lever. The pivot arm between chassis leg and gearbox has 3 arms coming off it rather than the standard 2. No other signs of how this was operated remotely though. The indicator stalk may have moved sides to allow a clutch actuator to be fitted on the right so the driver had one hand on the wheel operating the clutch and the other free to change gear....?[frame]Image[/frame]
Glad to be back!
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

Any Disabled person's Minor I have the hand controls that attached to the pedals and colum from a DP Minor. would be nice to display with you Minor at events not too keen to post as its heavy. Will be at Webbs Classic Car show Droitwich so can take there?

e mail or PM for details and pics etc....
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk