Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
edmc87
MMOC Member: No

1953 Split-screen MM

Post by edmc87 »

Hello all,

Please excuse me if I've missed essential info out, I'm new to the world of MM's!

I have a 1953 Split-screen Morris, It is in generally good condition body work wise...mechanically it is OK as far as I'm aware, apart from needing the breaks sorted and a new clutch cable which I'm replacing soon.

I was simply wondering if anyone on here might be able to give me a rough base line idea to what the value of the car might actually be.

Any input from members would be GREATLY received.

Many thanks,
Edd
Birchall
Minor Friendly

Re: 1953 Split-screen MM

Post by Birchall »

Hi,

If it helps, I have just bought a 1953 series 2 from a dealer, VERY solid, virtually rust free but looking pretty shabby close up (just lots of scuffs and scratches etc.
Long MOT, good mechanically and good value (from a dealer) at £2,700.

This should at least help you have some idea, but as they say, a car is worth what someone wants to pay for it, so you need to have it advertised in the right place at the right time and you will get the right price.

If you post a couple of pictures especially of any "bad bits" that would help.

Cheers
Steve B

edmc87

Post by edmc87 »

Thanks Steve, that does help!

I'm not sure what series it is, all I know is it is white with a dark red soft top and to be quite honest doens't have any 'bad bits' cosmetically. I think it's a 1000 something if that means anything?

I'm not actually planning to sell it, it's something I've inherited so think it would be nice to keep it in the family. Just thought this to be the most appropriate place in the forum for the topic.

Thanks again for your help Steve
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

if you join the MMOC you would get lots of knowledge and help :D
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Welcome to the messageboard! :D
edmc87 wrote:I'm not actually planning to sell it, it's something I've inherited so think it would be nice to keep it in the family. Just thought this to be the most appropriate place in the forum for the topic.
Well as you're not planning on selling the car the 'for sale' forum isn't really the best place for your message so I've moved it to 'general discussion'.
edmc87 wrote:I'm not sure what series it is, all I know is it is white with a dark red soft top and to be quite honest doens't have any 'bad bits' cosmetically.

A series 2 Minor is one that was built between 1952 and 1956. A convertible series 2 will usually be worth quite a bit more than a series 2 saloon in the same condition. Difficult to put a price on a car without thoroughly examining it though but if you post up a photo it would help. Intructions for posting a photo are here: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31197

Eric - 1971 Traveller
hanvyj
Minor Fan

Post by hanvyj »

I believe original convertibles are worth more too, I assume it wasn't a conversion?

I'm new here, and I'm sure someone who knows what they are talking about will confirm/correct!