If you need something, try asking for it here - you never know
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bpr81a
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Dont forget 'Club Spares'...

Post by bpr81a »

The Club have a large stock of spares available to members, and we may have just what you are looking for.

Check the list here, or contact Bryan Gostling.
Bryan's contact details can be found on the Club Spares page of Minor Matters.

Jon Rocke
sparesman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Dont forget 'Club Spares'...

Post by sparesman »

Why is it I see owners asking for parts here that we have in the club spares stocks but they do not ring or email me to ask??????????? Bryan
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

There seem to be quite a few people who join the forum but not the club, so they (quite rightly) won't have access to the spares service. Considering the excellent services that the provides, and the low membership fees, I just do not understand why any owner would not join - one typically recovers the cost of membership in discounts! It also surprises me that people advertise for parts that are readily available from most of the suppliers. Perhaps a New Year Resolution should be for every owner to join the MMOC...
Nutts
Minor Friendly

Post by Nutts »

Hi Bryan
One other point would be to send out log in details when the membership email is sent ( as long as payment has been made)as waiting for the stuff to drop through the door in the post so you can have passwords etc is a little flustrating ?

Peter
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

simmitc wrote:There seem to be quite a few people who join the forum but not the club, so they (quite rightly) won't have access to the spares service. Considering the excellent services that the provides, and the low membership fees, I just do not understand why any owner would not join - one typically recovers the cost of membership in discounts! It also surprises me that people advertise for parts that are readily available from most of the suppliers. Perhaps a New Year Resolution should be for every owner to join the MMOC...
I am living in the Netherlands, and am a dutch club member, my boss does not pay me enough to be a member from all the possible clubs ;)
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Post by chuffit »

Nutts wrote:Hi Bryan
One other point would be to send out log in details when the membership email is sent ( as long as payment has been made)as waiting for the stuff to drop through the door in the post so you can have passwords etc is a little flustrating ?

Peter
I couldn't agree more , I have paid by card takes seconds to verify :-? there are parts I want . Im not slagging MMOC club at all just eager to access parts lists and enter members only area :D

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
MrIan
Minor Fan

Post by MrIan »

I've been after quite a few spares over the past few weeks after purchasing old Boris Minor. Asked about genuine mounts and was told to get them via the Club Spares scheme. Great but as i'm still waiting for my membership number to arrive to be able to see what's available at the moment to date i've spent over £200 elsewhere. Would be handy if the membership number was emailed ASAP back to the member.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Ring the club office 01332 291675. They should be able to give you your membership number over the 'phone.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Check the list here, or contact Bryan Gostling.
Hi,
I tried to take a look at the list but it appears the page is down -- more problems with this new site??
It shows:
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
I'm looking for a Minor 1000 rear axle casing ( I already have a 4.22 diff). Do you have one and if so how much are you asking for it?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Vigil
Minor Fan

Re: Dont forget 'Club Spares'...WHY?

Post by Vigil »

remove post
Last edited by Vigil on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*

1959 Morris Minor Van

Morris Minor Registry Of North America
http://www.morrisminor.us/

-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*[/b]
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

The stuff they do have i can buy cheaper elsewhere and most all of it is used..
To be fair to Bryan and the club spares dept., most spares you will find will be secondhand / used, unless you are specifically looking for new, then you will be dealing with the usual suspects.
One thing in the favour of secondhand original parts is that they do tend to be a better fit.
As to the price, well it pays to shop around anyway.
Although again in Bryans favour, from what I have seen at the club spares stand, he does seem to take the time to hunt around for and find those hard to find parts. So it's worth bearing them in mind, as an option.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

Hi all
In the club spares do you have any van body panels and or a chassis

Cheers many thanks
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Best call the club spares man direct. You’ll get a yes or no answer. Looking back through this thread, I don’t know where this ‘have to be a member to have access to mmoc spares’ comes from. They don’t turn anyone away as long as they have the money !

moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

Thanks mate
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
Maria1959morris
Minor Friendly

Post by Maria1959morris »

Looking.for.lucas trafficators switch and front rear bumper.valance in steele also.rear.lights for.59 and wee ones on front lucas one.bryan if u have any
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Bryan unlikely to see this - best contact him direct so ring him on 07831 574495 or email bryan.gostling@mmoc.org.uk