Previous history - BAN 715C

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
tankmech1
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Previous history - BAN 715C

Post by tankmech1 »

Hi i have just purchased a 1965 morris minor reg BAN 715C it had a mmoc sticker in window i am trying to trace any history of this car please help if you can Bradley Smith[frame]Image[/frame]
speedintick

Re: Previous history - BAN 715C

Post by speedintick »

Hi there ....i miss my old moggy.... what would you like to know.???
speedintick

Post by speedintick »

Hi it's been 7 years ...is any one here
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Yes but not the original poster! He was last active 5th march 2011, and your first reply was over a year after he posted his query. All this time later, I should think it's all over! Of course I may be wrong :D

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Crikey, 7 years!! Lot of water under the bridge since then...a Minor can dissolve in that time :wink:
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

It may still be under renovation as it is shown as SORN on DVLA. No MOT record, so probably not yet been back on the road.
Alan R

Post by Alan R »

Hi. I would like to tell anyone who is interested in the history of BAN 715C. My grandmother bought this car in 1975 when she lived at Chertsey. In 1987, I passed my driving test aged 18. As my grandmother was too infirm to drive by 1988, she gifted the car to me. I was living in Horley, Surrey and by 1990, I felt that I needed a more modern car so sold it to a local young lady. She couldn't have kept it long. I was a local postman and spotted the car in another part of the town. It was parked in a driveway of a house that I was delivering to. The new owner of the car was giving it a complete overhaul including giving the headlights the caps you can see in the photograph. He also gave it new hub caps, rear demister, new stereo, etc. I watched every day as something new was done to it. About 5 to 6 years later, I was delivering to a farm in Smallfield where I saw it again but in a very sorry state. That was the last time I saw it. I hope this fills in a few gaps for you.