Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
phurn
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Door Mirrors

Post by phurn »

yours might not have that problem, but mine are attached to the glass on the quaterlight! i detest them. i do, however not share the same problem as a poster above who reckoned he had poor rear visibility looking out the back, i get a good sense of space and proportion looking through the rear window of my minor and could probably tell you exactly where the back is, unless he has a smaller rear screen for some reason?
alex_holden
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by alex_holden »

phurn wrote:yours might not have that problem, but mine are attached to the glass on the quaterlight! i detest them. i do, however not share the same problem as a poster above who reckoned he had poor rear visibility looking out the back, i get a good sense of space and proportion looking through the rear window of my minor and could probably tell you exactly where the back is, unless he has a smaller rear screen for some reason?
It depends what body style you have. I find the traveller has fantastic rear visibility and the saloon is pretty good (you can't see how far the boot sticks out past the window though). The van on the other hand has almost no rear visibility and reversing it on mirrors alone can be very tricky. I've never driven a pickup so can't comment on those.
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
The Scotmoose
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by The Scotmoose »

Hi there ladies and gentlemen, Hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and all the very best to you all for 2024. I have a two door saloon and my beloved and I have a difference in height (no she does not tower over me!! lol). I was fine with the wing mirrors fitted to Monty when I bought him, but my other half had problems. Solution - I put an additional set of door mirrors on the car. These look period and compliment the car. We both now have good working mirrors and indeed, my field of vision is now absolutely brilliant, as the additional mirrors now give me a much wider view. I think that doing this on a van would help a lot, as if you set wing mirrors to catch just along the bodywork and the door mirrors to just overlap that reflection you will have a really wide view to the rear.
Keep on driving your Moggies everyone. :D
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Blaketon »

I use MG Midget mirrors. The mirrors are the same as MGB mirrors but the mounting is different, since the MGB doorskin slopes in more. It requires two holes to be drilled in the door. beware (I can't get the b to become B :-? )that some kits come with a nasty plastic base, where the "Wedge", onto which the tensioning screw tightens, is not replaceable. These wedges can crack, so I generally make a new one from aluminium (Brass would be OK).
Attachments
Mirror mounts.jpg
Mirror mounts.jpg (19.07 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
Mirror.jpg
Mirror.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 1074 times