getting there

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
LouiseM
MMOC Member: No

Re: getting there

Post by LouiseM »

A bit too much yellow around though on Sunday Martin :wink:[frame]Image[/frame]

Eric - 1971 Traveller
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Were you there Louise, Craig the owner of the trav had a nice time there, but mentioned that modded cars were in short supply :D

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Yes, Martin's V8 and the Zetec trav were getting a lot of attention but the other Minor's were mainly all very shiny and very original. Mine looked very ordinary by comparison :(

Eric - 1971 Traveller
MartinB
Minor Fan

Post by MartinB »

rv8 wrote:fronts from a friend,dunno where its from. its got jag running gear,rover v8 3.5,bw35 box,4" chop, fibreglass bootlid,just needs fettling. 8)

I knew I had seen this type of front end from somewhere, I found an old article from the late 80s, CCC I think, hopefully it is attached below...[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

I'm sure that's the 'ask for morris' Minor. The chap who ran the business near Edinburgh was sadly killed on Piper Alpha (Dave Gorman?).

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
Jefftav
Minor Addict

Post by Jefftav »

Not often you are wrong PO but you aright again. His place was in Cockenzie nr Prestonpans and he did indeed unfortunately die in the Piper Alpha disaster. My brother and I used to get parts from him and he was quite a good Morris business one of the few in Scotland who would take on Morris projects - more upgrades and servicing if I remember correctly.
shane

Post by shane »

Hi there, new to this.

It was my old man who designed the flip fronts, along with various other Sporty Morris Minor parts. It was indeed David Gorman of Ask for Morris.

Not sure but I may be able to locate the designs of which there are many. From flared wings to flip fronts to 8 port heads to injection systems, he made them all.

I remeber when I was a kid there would be engine blocks on the dinning room table and bits of car all over the house. Every time I see a Morris Minor I have very fond memories.

If I can be of any help to anyone, I know my Dad would be delighted to share his designs with you, and that he's remembered for his cars.

Cheers,
Shane Gorman
tc3rob

Post by tc3rob »

Hi Shane,
do you still have the molds for the front and other parts? thanks Robert