67 Traveller Resto Mod

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Frank C
MMOC Member: No

67 Traveller Resto Mod

Post by Frank C »

Greeting from the USA.
My wife bought me a Morris Minor Traveller last year. I am now finally getting around to starting this project. It will be a bit slow but I plan on being done next summer.

its a 1967 Morris Minor Traveller

Plans are to install a VW ABA 2.0 and full harness from a 98 Golf
Modern Heat and A/C as well as Modern Disk brakes from a VW.
Including Braker booster and master.

Matched up to a 2WD Geo Tracker 5 Speed using an Acme Kit

This past week I pulled the rear wood body off and started stripping the car down to a chassis.

Next week going to finish stripping and figure out what sheet metal I need to order from England.

Geo Trans

WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: 67 Traveller Resto Mod

Post by WPR678B »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your project! :D
It certainly looks like you have a fair bit of work ahead of you, but its a nice early traveller to start with! :wink:
Just a word of advice though, be sure to save things like the sliding window catches from the woodwork you have removed as its the little things like that, that are the hardest things to find!! :wink:

davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

excellent project, this is going to look great when you've finished restoring her.
smile, you never know, you might be winning.[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ro3j37.jpg[/IMG]
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

Wonderful to see a fellow American restoration. Only 15000 Minors were ever shipped over here -- and, say, 1000 survive in good working condition -- so I'll be most interested to watch your progress!

By the way, if you don't mind, I'd be pleased to see your location...sort of a hobby of mine to map out the remaining US Moggies. But, of course, you don't have to share if you don't want to. :wink:
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

Frank C

Post by Frank C »

I am located in Toms River, NJ